Tunk Is My Buddy
By Tunk on
2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
I have a quirky habit of naming my vehicles, because I usually keep them for 10+ years. I call my Tundra truck Tunk. I like the way it feels when I'm driving, and the turning radius for this size vehicle is amazing. The seats are comfortable if you pull the headrests out & turn them around so you're not forced to scrunch your neck to conform. The 236 hp V6 is smooth as silk & purrs like a big cat when you're cruising down a back road at 55 or 60, up or down a hill, where it is lugging down below 2k rpm. The cruise control took a little getting used to because the control "schtick" turns with the wheel, while other levers remain stationary. Heat & A/C superb, back seats roomy & comfortable.
Favorite Features
I love all of the storage spaces & the efficiency of the windshield wipers. The topside access to the oil filter and the dampened tailgate mechanism are pure genious. The rear seats, designed to flip up/out of the way, make cargo room, & are extended, roadtrip approved. The console is clever/useful.
Suggested Improvements
Make sure a potential buyer knows that there is no fuel mileage advantage with the 5 speed transmissed, 236 horsepower V6 engine as compared to the 6 speed transmystifying, 381 horsepower V8. For knocking around town doing hobby hauling the V6 is adequate and has some pep, but there are moments....