2007 Toyota Tundra 4.7L V8 5-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed Consumer Review - My Tundra

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab - Consumer Review

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My Tundra
By Pduckman on

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd Toyota truck, the first two being Tacomas. My first impression was how smooth and quiet the ride was, almost as good as our 2001 Avalon. The front seats are much higher (almost chair height) than the Tacoma and thus more comfortable on long hauls. Even my 6.5 foot bed is huge with approx. 66 cubic feet of room. The interior controls are very big and easy to turn while driving. Love the fact that like my Tacoma the rear door windows go all the way down when opened. And the guy that came up with the tailgate assist should get a raise. Also the standard Tire Pressure Monitor system is a plus. And did I mention standard VSC, ABS, TRAC, EBD and the huge (13.9 in) front brakes.

Favorite Features

The feature I like the best is not even touted much by Toyota, the Artificial Intelligence shifting control. I was driving in the mountains of PA and noticed that when going down hills and using the brakes often the engine would automatically shift down thus saving my brakes. Love this feature.

Suggested Improvements

None that I can think of now. As I use it some may come up. Great truck.