2007 Toyota Tundra Consumer Review: Happy With Crew Max

2007 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Review

Happy With Crew Max
By J.W. on

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I am extremely happy with our Crew Max. Our truck appears to be very "tight", with excellent build quality. The only problem noted in my opinion is the engine idle speed at initial start. The engine seems to rev up high @ 1600 rpm. The 5.7 liter engine appears to be well designed & can do what Toyota claims it can in terms of towing. The interior Crew Max leg room is outstanding. We have two kids who can basically stretch out & sleep in the back in comfort on long trips. I have owned a couple of Toyota trucks in the past. I can truthfully say without hesitation that Toyota has done another excellent job. I truly hope this initial model doesn't have any "bugs" or flaws to iron out.

I really like the exterior design. 5.7 liter engine. Build quality. Fit & finish are excellent. TRD suspension. Check the 5.7 liter engine compartment. IMO, the engine is nicely laid out & the average guy who wants to do some minor maintenance such as oil changes, etc can easily do so.

My 6'2" friend did not have any headroom. I am 5'10" & the headroom is perfect! Gas mileage is fair, but to be expected with a 5.7 liter engine. Toyota could really corner the market with a hybrid engine in their bigger vehicles.