2007 Toyota Tundra 5.7L V8 4x4 6-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed Consumer Review - Great Tow Vehicle

2007 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Review

SR5 Double Cab (5.7L V8 4x4 6-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed)

Great Tow Vehicle
By Robert M. on

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Owned the truck for 3 months now and have absolutely no regrets on the purchase. I've had a turnover ball gooseneck hitch installed to allow towing of our 3 horse slant load trailer. Pulls it without any negative effects. The 6-speed auto transmission is a real smooth shifter and the ride is good also (a major influence in the purchase along with the available power). The extendable tow mirrors are also a hit with me, let you see much more of the road behind you than any other mirror I have used. My in-laws say riding in the rear seat is like riding in a car only the truck is much easier to get in and out of. Overall great truck! Toyota sure hit the mark on this one!

Favorite Features

Power to tow. Power to haul. Lots of power! Tailgate gas strut makes light work of opening and closing it. Separate front seat temp control is something I will no longer do without and the optional underseat storage box (double cab) is perfect for keeping tools/accessories quiet and out of the way.

Suggested Improvements

Instrument cluster is hard to read with just a quick scan due to the instruments being totally separate from each other and recessed deeply into the dash. Should have a remote oil filter to eliminate the need to remove the engine skid-plate to access the filter.