2007 Toyota Tundra Consumer Review: Bought into all the talk

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab - Consumer Review

Bought into all the talk
By John on

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

All the talk and ads stated just how great this truck is and it just isn't. Just bought it and if I could return it, it would be back at the dealership now. It produces 381 horses, but at 5600 rpm and redlines just over 5000 rpm. You can't use the so called power when you want it or need it. I transported a solid wood desk that two guys physically placed in the bed. Drove just over 56 miles and used almost 1/4 tank of gas. I can say that because I just filled up the truck next door to the furniture store and drove home. Estimated gas rate is 15 to 19, real world really getting 12 on the highway. I don't drive much city traffic. If you want a truck do your reading and look it over well. The brochure told me what I needed to know, but I let others tell me otherwise.

Clean interior.

If you say you have 381 hp and 401 torque, make it where you can use the power and not over your redline point.