2007 Toyota Tundra 5.7L V8 4x4 6-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed Consumer Review - Best half ton truck out

2007 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Review

Limited Double Cab (5.7L V8 4x4 6-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed)

Best half ton truck out there!
By kfilly on

2007 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I traded in my '04 Toyota Tundra Double Cab for a Limited '07 Tundra Double Cab which was a dealership demo. I like both versions. The newer model has a few quirks. The ride is definitely not as refined as previous generations of Tundras. The blue tooth phone system cannot dial anyone in my cell phone directory via voice dialing (otherwise it is excellent). I replaced a factory radio due to a funny noise. The new Tundra design has a lot more power. It is more fun to drive. I also have two shedding dogs, and I appreciate the fact the interior is easy to clean. Something other than the silver plastic interior finish would have been very nice.

Favorite Features

Power/heated leather seats with variable controls are nice. Auto dimming mirrors are a good touch. Back up system works great. Vehicle's power makes up for lack of comfort. Fuel economy is decent for a truck. Exterior styling is great! I love the easy lower tailgate.

Suggested Improvements

Seat belt chime is way too long. I always use my seat belt, but either one of my dogs can trip the passenger one by moving around. Wide roof pillars can obstruct visibility when making turns. Stability control automatically cuts out in four wheel drive. No power rear window like on '04 model.