2007 Toyota Tundra Consumer Review: Awful ride

2007 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Review

Awful ride
By randy on

2007 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this powerful half ton thinking it would run like my 9 year old tacoma. The ride is simply awful. I as well as my passengers are literally bouncing off our seats being held in by our seat belts. I don't dare have my new born in the truck as a passenger. After waiting a year for a promised fix from Toyota for the rough ride I could wait no longer and traded it in for a GMC Sierra. Lost a bit of power but man is the ride better. Problems during my 9 months of ownership: the rubber sealant around the windows were replaced. The driver's side mirror was replaced. The torque convertor was replaced. The transmission was being looked at due to hesitation-vibration.

The cabin space was great. The power of the 5.7 was incredible. 1800lbs in the bed was hardly noticeable.

Toyota really needs to address the complaints of those who have the rough ride/bouncing issue promptly. I lost a lot of money trading in the truck and that I will never forget.