A true review of a super smooth truck
By hillbillytrucker on
2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)
I have owned 3 Silverados and 2 F-150s. This is my first Toyota truck. The 5.7 is as powerful as advertised and for such a large vehicle (5600+ lbs), gas mileage has averaged around 17.5. As the Toyota name would imply, the build quality and fit and finish are super. The AC is the coldest of any vehicle I've ever owned. The Crewmax has an extraordinary amount of room for those with a family. I'm 6'0" and can sit in back seat with seat pulled fully forward and still cannot touch the front seat with my knees. Ride quality is very good, but not quite as smooth as the new GM products. (Still a 9/10, though.) No rattles or squeaks. The six speed and the manumatic shift is silky smooth.
Favorite Features
Enormous amounts of power. Good fuel mileage for large vehicle. Six speed tranny and enough room for everyone to stretch out. Toyota build quality. Very safe with side, side curtain airbags. Huge oil capacity 7.4 quarts w/filter. Orange colored instrumentation (makes me think of Pontiac.)
Suggested Improvements
Somewhat difficult to do oil changes. Uses cartridge filter not spin on as most vehicles. Instruments are sunk into the dash in individual pods, sometimes difficult to read.