2007 Toyota Tundra Consumer Review: A Great Work Truck

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab - Consumer Review

A Great Work Truck
By way2fun_lotus on

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

After reading some of these reviews, I have to wonder if there aren't some Toyota haters posting misinformation. I have a 2007 with 47,000 miles on that I have worked the you know what out of, and I have never had a single issue with it. No stuck accelerator, no rust, no tailgate problems, no radio problems, no vibrating bed, etc. The truck has been bullet proof just like you would expect a truck to be. My only issue with it is it's large size. It's a lot to maneuver, and I sometimes wish it was smaller. On the flip side, I can't tell you how many times I've had the bed stacked full of stuff and was grateful for the size of it.

Very comfortable and powerful. Great looking truck built in the USA.

Scrap the worthless Bridgestones it comes from the factory with. Went thru the first set in about 20,000 miles and Firestone gave me a great deal on a second set (warranty adjustment) but they wore out as quick as the first. Expect to get between 14-16 mpg on the 5.7 L double cab. Anyone who tells you they are doing better is a liar or can't do simple math.