2007 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Wish it looked as good as it drove.
By unerik on 01/22/14 08:40 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I bought a new 2007 white Tundra from a local Toyota dealership. The truck drives well and the turning radius isn’t as bad as the 2006 and previous models. It’s also a very well built truck for the most part. I can't complain about the fuel economy given the fact that it's better than the tacoma models of the same year averaging 17.5 mpg.

A Great Work Truck
By way2fun_lotus on 04/01/13 16:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

After reading some of these reviews, I have to wonder if there aren't some Toyota haters posting misinformation. I have a 2007 with 47,000 miles on that I have worked the you know what out of, and I have never had a single issue with it. No stuck accelerator, no rust, no tailgate problems, no radio problems, no vibrating bed, etc. The truck has been bullet proof just like you would expect a truck to be. My only issue with it is it's large size. It's a lot to maneuver, and I sometimes wish it was smaller. On the flip side, I can't tell you how many times I've had the bed stacked full of stuff and was grateful for the size of it.

After 5-years and 86,000 miles pleased with decision
By bg53 on 06/02/12 10:03 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased this truck new in 2007 after comparing it to the other offerings available. The space in the back seat of the CrewMax is what really pushed it ahead of the competition at the time. Overall, I've been pleased with the truck. There were no issues during the first 4 years. This last year had a replace the water pump & rear wheel bearings. Not real happy about this, but these two items tend to fail on pretty much every vehicle out there at some time during its life span. With the cabin space and off-road capabilities, I consider this vehicle the ultimate SUV. Works great for my family.

have had radio problem
By jlw1960 on 11/18/11 18:27 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We really love our truck have had to have the radio replaced still the channels will fade in and out at times.have lost the rubber strip on the top right side in car wash , but as far as the performance of the truck could not be happier my husband get mad because I do not want him to drive it .

So far Reliable but could be greatly improved...
By trichopsis on 10/19/11 21:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

76K miles. Impressive power, smooth tranny, deep gearing helps pull heavy loads with ease, suspension is supple. With a double cab and full bed, it does flex more than I'd like it too. However, it is well mannered, predictable and quiet. I had to buy different bushings for the cab to stop the dreaded "bed bounce" issue. Mine was unbearable before. Interior-other than the stereo being hard to reach from where i sit, some of the plastics are kind of cheap feeling. If driven at 65 it will do what it states. I average 16.4 with 90% freeway in So Cal (pretty flat). 70-75 mph. Also, it says it has a 26 gallon tank - but I've never filled more than 21...

Should have stayed with my Tacoma
By sshifflett on 02/27/11 07:12 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

My Tundra has been nice, interior is very light colored and shows any dirt. I am experiencing some transmission problems with 4wd high and low, multiple service and dash lights on and issues with reverse lights on while driving fwd. Already had more than one trip to the dealership regarding 4wd issues. The stereo issues happen only in the spring when the temp in the cab goes up and down a lot in one day.

Hosed . . .
By travisthompson on 01/03/11 10:38 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Love the style, look and (when it's right) performance of this truck. I work out of state and put tons of miles on my vehicle, as well as drive it off road quite a bit, making 4wd drive a necessity. After returning from a trip, my 4wd locked up in 4 low - I took it to my local Toyota Dealer who informed me that this is a known problem if you drive your 4wd Tundra anywhere it is wet or cold - this was corroborated by several of the other techs at the Toyota dealership. I contacted Toyota and they said that although there is a known problem, it's not covered under the warranty. $2400 later, my 4wd works, but we've learned our lesson. This model just isn't right.

Great truck for a horse farm
By Norman on 11/12/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

We could not be happier with this truck. Used to haul a 2 horse trailer, an equipment trailer, and to generally carry heavy or bulky stuff around on our small horse farm. Have driven in very hot weather, in deep snow, in heavy rain, and have had no problems at all. Do put on studded snow tires in the winter. Factory tires get great gas mileage but wear quickly. Only complaint is the Toyota standard navigation system, which I find very difficult to use. My other vehicles have Garmin nav, which is far better and a lot less money.

Had Better
By Mike on 10/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is now my fourth Toyota truck I have owned, and the first three were amazing having put on 450000 kms, and not needing anything except for regular maintenance. I have to say as much as I love the detail, and style, I am not impressed. I had an issue loading my ATV into the back, causing the tailgate to deform, I had to research that issue and found there had been a service recall, however the Service manager at the dealership took some persuading even to look it up, however in the end it was fixed at no cost. Secondly, the rubber rain track on the roof had to be reinstalled once under warranty during a car wash, however within a year it had blown out while driving down the highway.

Best ever!
By kevin on 09/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This truck is off the charts. Power, Power, Power and looks! What more is there in life? I purchased the truck and never saw it, my wife and kids drove it all the time.They are fighting about who is going to get it when I buy a newer one. Oh, when I show guys how the tailgate slowly falls down, they just stand there and say, "Mine (Ford, GMC, Chevy and Ford) does not do that, Cool"

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.