Used 2007 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Most Helpful|
Worst Vehicle I've Ever Owned
By Tim

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I'm 41 years old and have owned trucks from Dodge, Chevy, GMC, Ford, and now Toyota (I have no brand loyalty). Without a doubt, this is by far the worst vehicle I have ever owned!! I've had so many problems, I'm not sure where to begin. I have owned the truck for 5 months, and it has 9100 miles. That may seem like a lot, but I usually drive about 35k miles a year (so it should have about 17k miles, not 9). Why the low miles? Because, it spends all it's time in the shop. Engine, brakes, paint (2 complete paint jobs on a brand new truck...downright criminal), transmission (on its third), ECM, constant engine codes, dash rattle, rusting bumpers, ignition stuck, bad drive shaft.

Favorite Features

Engine, on the rare day when running correctly, has a lot of power, and fair fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

C'mon Toyota..you are supposed to be reliable.

After 5-years and 86,000 miles pleased with decision
By bg53

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased this truck new in 2007 after comparing it to the other offerings available. The space in the back seat of the CrewMax is what really pushed it ahead of the competition at the time. Overall, I've been pleased with the truck. There were no issues during the first 4 years. This last year had a replace the water pump & rear wheel bearings. Not real happy about this, but these two items tend to fail on pretty much every vehicle out there at some time during its life span. With the cabin space and off-road capabilities, I consider this vehicle the ultimate SUV. Works great for my family.

Favorite Features

Rear seat room; Powerful engine; Highway ride; Turning radius (great for a truck); Sliding rails in truck bed are handy to secure loads. Soft open, locking tailgate is great.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel mileage has been what was expected (13-14 city and 16-17 highway), but could definitely be improved upon. The gas pedal is really touchy, which makes it difficult for a smooth start over a bumpy road.

Should have stayed with my Tacoma
By sshifflett

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

My Tundra has been nice, interior is very light colored and shows any dirt. I am experiencing some transmission problems with 4wd high and low, multiple service and dash lights on and issues with reverse lights on while driving fwd. Already had more than one trip to the dealership regarding 4wd issues. The stereo issues happen only in the spring when the temp in the cab goes up and down a lot in one day.

Favorite Features

Sunroof, large back seat, rear sliding window and hwy driving.

Suggested Improvements

Stereo and other electronic issues. 4wd high and low problem needs to be dealt with by Toyota.

Poor Quality
By t1

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

One was led to believe that toyota was higher quality, but since the start nothing but problems and at 82,000 miles fuel injectors problems on 5.7L engine. Major repair over $ 3,600. Never had a truck with this major repair with less that 100,000 miles. Not built to stand up to heavy duty use.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy and power.

Suggested Improvements

Toyota, stand behind your engine until you get the bugs out.

Had Better
By Mike

2007 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is now my fourth Toyota truck I have owned, and the first three were amazing having put on 450000 kms, and not needing anything except for regular maintenance. I have to say as much as I love the detail, and style, I am not impressed. I had an issue loading my ATV into the back, causing the tailgate to deform, I had to research that issue and found there had been a service recall, however the Service manager at the dealership took some persuading even to look it up, however in the end it was fixed at no cost. Secondly, the rubber rain track on the roof had to be reinstalled once under warranty during a car wash, however within a year it had blown out while driving down the highway.

Favorite Features

Styling, Design, performance, still an excellent truck, just not as good as it was

Suggested Improvements

Their customer service, and satisfaction is down the gutter, right from the dealership right up to head office