Used 2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Most Helpful|
Very weak truck
By kboyfrommd

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have to say this was the worst truck I ever owned. Constant mechanical problems (broken tailgate, transmission issues, engine knock). It was also one of the most uncomfortable trucks to drive any distance. It was rough riding and hard to keep on the road (jittery). I sold it after 6 months and will never own a Toyota again. Stay away.

Favorite Features

Engine power.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage, better ride, make a tailgate that supports over 200 lbs., more comfortable seats

School's still out...
By bart

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Having owned fords, chevys and everything in between, and using them professionally I can tell you that I haven't made up my mind on this truck. You can't beat the power of the 5.7, but the oil changes are murder. Why Toyota decided to go with cartridge filter and have to pull the skid plate, and use special tools and 5w20 synthetic, who knows??? Tires only lasted 28000 miles. Bad pavement and you get the roller coaster effect. I've already had the torque converter replaced (under warranty). Makes a roaring sound when starting it after not running for four days and I still haven't figure that one out. All the black pieces on the exterior of the truck are beginning to suffer uv damage.

Favorite Features

Power. Seat comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Toyota hasn't figured out how to install stereo speakers into big doors, lotsa buzz making the truck feel cheap. Too much cheap plastic. Use better quality plastics on exterior as well. Better fastening for the gutter strip in the roof, mine's come out twice in car washes.

A Great Work Truck
By way2fun_lotus

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

After reading some of these reviews, I have to wonder if there aren't some Toyota haters posting misinformation. I have a 2007 with 47,000 miles on that I have worked the you know what out of, and I have never had a single issue with it. No stuck accelerator, no rust, no tailgate problems, no radio problems, no vibrating bed, etc. The truck has been bullet proof just like you would expect a truck to be. My only issue with it is it's large size. It's a lot to maneuver, and I sometimes wish it was smaller. On the flip side, I can't tell you how many times I've had the bed stacked full of stuff and was grateful for the size of it.

Favorite Features

Very comfortable and powerful. Great looking truck built in the USA.

Suggested Improvements

Scrap the worthless Bridgestones it comes from the factory with. Went thru the first set in about 20,000 miles and Firestone gave me a great deal on a second set (warranty adjustment) but they wore out as quick as the first. Expect to get between 14-16 mpg on the 5.7 L double cab. Anyone who tells you they are doing better is a liar or can't do simple math.

Best ever!
By kevin

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This truck is off the charts. Power, Power, Power and looks! What more is there in life? I purchased the truck and never saw it, my wife and kids drove it all the time.They are fighting about who is going to get it when I buy a newer one. Oh, when I show guys how the tailgate slowly falls down, they just stand there and say, "Mine (Ford, GMC, Chevy and Ford) does not do that, Cool"

Favorite Features

Power, smooth shifting, quality all around. Tailgate.

Suggested Improvements

Not so much power next time!

No Other Truck Compares
By Bill Hinman

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Bought 2007 Tundra new for significantly less than I could have bought a comparable Hemi Double Cab. I currently have 181,000 miles on it and the only fix was the water pump which Toyota covered on warrantee at 96K miles. I have towed an 8K camper from VT to SC twice and although the mileage was terrible (8MPH) no issues to date. I have replaced the brake pads twice and rotors once. All other people I know that own ford, chevy or dodge have replaced wheel bearings, tierod ends, and brakes every 25k miles. This truck is the real deal no matter what anyone says.