Used 2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Worst riding truck I've ever driven
By primo

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned or worked out of 14 different trucks in the last 10 years and can safely say that this vehicle has by far the worst ride of them all. The amount of reverberation from the rear of the truck on concrete roads is insane. Hitting a speed bump at 10mph causes shockwaves to travel up to the front of the truck for 5 seconds while the bed bounces up and down like a diving board. This problem is supposedly only confined to the DC models so do yourself, and your pancreas, a favor and get the crew- max. Toyota has been told repeatedly about the ride issues with the DCs and still refuses to aknowledge it. I will be trading in this back killer as soon as I can.

Engine, liqui-cell leather seats.

Ride quality, ambient light for center console useless, A/C turns to outside air automatically, long reach for radio, gauge cluster not easily viewable from many angles, rear-view mirror too small, no lights for window controls, plastic on dash is painted not molded in (easily scratched).

Tough Truck
By David B. Carlson

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

For all the non believers out there, this is a good, strong truck to be reckoned with. If you're in the market for a new truck, do yourself right and test drive this one too.

Power and towing abilities

Key locks on both doors. standard backup camera for safety.

Best Truck I've ever Owned
By hew25889

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

With 32,500 miles I've never been happier with a truck. I've owned Ford, Chevy (2), and Dodge trucks. The only thing that comes close to the Tundra was a Duramax. Driving the Tundra feels like the Duramax, just I can't tow as much. I installed the KN Cool Air Intake, gives it even more hp and sounds cool.

The whole truck,

Can't think of any

Great Truck
By Steve

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I've put over 42,000 miles with no mechanical problems. Spend most of my day on muddy job-sites, pulling trailers, carrying 1,500 to 2,000 lbs of construction supplies and the truck has performed magnificently.

Power and reliability

Better MPG

Tundra over here!!
By ct/tundra

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Normally, I would not have bought a toyota of any type. The Tundra is my work/car truck. Gas is comparable for its size. I have put over 15000 miles on this truck, highway and city. I drive it, don't abuse it. Fun to drive, turns heads, durable, not always easy to park, must consider the size. Others have had problems with their Tundra. I am 64, owned many vehicles, there are some that have problems. That is not an overall picture of the new Tundra. My wife & I enjoy our Tundra very much. In fact we leave her 2008 Camry parked and take the road in the Tundra. The 4.7 has all the power needed for the average home owner. Heavy duty work go for the 5.7 and turn more heads.

Braking, smoooth ride, and the daring look.

Don't force buyers to go with after market exhaust. Make duals standard on all V8s.