2007 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Love the Tundra - Texas Female
By Love my Tundra on 03/20/08 02:46 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I love this truck. I can have a stressful day at work and when I get in my truck it's all left behind. I wish I lived farther from work so I could drive it more. First vehicle I've owned over 6 months and still love it. I still love walking out to a parking lot and knowing I'm headed towards the best looking truck in the lot. It's just fun to drive. Getting on freeways is fun with the power of this truck. Watch your speed in this truck. It's so smooth I often catch myself speeding.

Too many miles
By ken on 03/18/08 09:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The tundra is a blast to drive and always a eye catcher. I have only had one problem and that was the recall on the drive shaft. I get a 17.5 mpg on the average and 13 when I haul the 8900lb trailer. Still beats my dodge I would recommend this truck to anyone.

Tunk Is My Buddy
By Tunk on 03/17/08 17:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have a quirky habit of naming my vehicles, because I usually keep them for 10+ years. I call my Tundra truck Tunk. I like the way it feels when I'm driving, and the turning radius for this size vehicle is amazing. The seats are comfortable if you pull the headrests out & turn them around so you're not forced to scrunch your neck to conform. The 236 hp V6 is smooth as silk & purrs like a big cat when you're cruising down a back road at 55 or 60, up or down a hill, where it is lugging down below 2k rpm. The cruise control took a little getting used to because the control "schtick" turns with the wheel, while other levers remain stationary. Heat & A/C superb, back seats roomy & comfortable.

Not impressed!
By Milesy on 02/29/08 17:24 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Nice h.p. and lrg. brakes,and love the look, but terrible mpg (11). Useless in four wheel drive in deep snow and mud with the limited slip rear end.You need, and should be able to have, all four tires digging at the same time. And why would you go from a sturdy 6 bolt hub, down to a 5 bolt. The VSC system, and transmission command system doesn't work correctly in cold climates, such as where I live in Maine.

Buyer this is NOT your father's Toyota
By Tim on 02/12/08 16:45 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This truck may prove that Toyota's reputation for dependability is a thing of the past. On my 3rd day of ownership I stopped at the spray wash and watched in horror as the pressure wash sprayed the paint off the hood. This was the first of many, many problems: stability control failed, my 9 year old pulled the door closed and broke it, tailgate jammed shut, windshield wiper broke, tire pressure sensor failed...all this in only 6 weeks of ownership. I'm in the process now of claiming it under the lemon laws.

good truck
By wayne rawson on 02/07/08 01:32 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have had this truck for 5 months and like it very well. I had to have the radio replaced at 5000 miles and now at 6000 miles the transmission is acting strange.It is downshifting when coming to a stop, will have this checked at the 10000 mile service if it dosnt get worse before then.The truck has great power and give a smooth ride on the highway.Overall build quality is good to above average.

VSC and ABS failure at 500 miles
By theracingmind on 01/26/08 13:09 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tundra 2dr Regular Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I had my brand new 2007 Tundra for less than 5 days before the vehicle stability control failed, along with traction control and anti-lock brakes. I live in snowy Canada and expect these things to work. I am very disappointed in the truck. I expected more from Toyota. So far, the problem is a mystery to the mechanics. At the moment, I hate to use the thing. It sits in my driveway like a giant black lemon. Ugh!

Happy owner
By Phil Goveia on 01/21/08 10:27 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is truck has every thing I was looking for in a pick-up. Comfort to drive, looks good, and reliable.

Power, Looks, and Comfort
By Korben on 01/20/08 19:58 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have had this truck for almost 3 months and 2,500 miles with no problems at all. The power and 6 speed transmission are perfect together. You really have to be careful on the highway because it is so quiet and smooth that when you're going 75-80, it feels like 55-60 (1,800 rpm at 70 mph) . The double cab has plenty of room for 2 car seats and the center console is big enough for a cooler. My gas mileage has been about 14-15 in mixed driving and around 18 on the highway. With the power you have, that isn't bad. I used to have a Dakota regular cab with the 4.7 and I get better gas mileage in the Tundra and have almost 150 more horsepower.

Excellence
By tony on 01/17/08 19:38 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Toyota blew away the competition with this one! In every aspect they have been innovative and held nothing back. Tows like a dream, accelerates and stops better than any other half ton and handles great on/off road. The crewmax is the way to go for cruising comfort.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.