Used 2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
very Good
By bo on 10/09/07 13:21 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Very good handling, nice ride on rough road and in cornering.

Better than my F-150
By stratus65 on 10/08/07 21:52 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased this truck after my F-150 proved untrustworthy. The Tundra rides very well, very quiet and the engine and transmission are incredibly smooth. It tows our 6500 lb trailer with ease. Not something I could say about our 5.4 L F-150. The brakes are outstanding. The acceleration and handling are fantastic. I haven't experinced the fabled 'bed bounce' even though I have tried to induce it on some washboard gravel roads. I have had it off pavement and the ride is still great.

I love this truck
By blade329 on 10/04/07 16:52 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is the finest truck I have ever driven. It's got power, style and it is pretty darn comfortable to drive. The MPG is fair, but it is expected for a big V8 truck. The interior is very roomy, has a zillion cup holders and a lot of storage. It did not come with a bed liner so I got the Line-X spray in for it. Love it. It gets a little bumpy at times with the bed empty, but so has every truck I ever had.

Great Truck - Congratulations Toyota
By ERNEST GLASTRIS on 10/02/07 10:58 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

In terms of carrying capacity, this is the lightest duty truck I have ever owned. In terms of overall quality and versatility, it is the best. Toyota has overcome previous problems with ring gears, brakes, power and ergonomics and has produced a vehicle that would please even the most critical of those among us who actually expect a vehicle to do serious work. The 6 speed transmission is flawless. Brakes are superb. Interior comfort and ride is better than many cars. Acceleration is awesome. Towing capacity is 10,000 pounds plus, as advertised. Stable, safe, well put together. I now have 3500 tough miles on her and not a hint of a problem. Best truck I have ever owned.

Recommended
By Michael on 09/29/07 19:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Gob-smacked happy with this brand new truck. The power/acceleration is sensational. Averaged 16.9 mpg on a playful 230 mile rural/highway drive. Love the engine sound, gauges, silky drivetrain, and smooth ride. Interior materials could be improved, human factors improvements needed (console cover hard to reach, extending to perform a lot of nav touch-screen data entry is discomforting to my back). Leather seats are comfortable but could be softer. Side view mirrors are sensational. Auto heat/AC feature works great, tailgate assist is nice, lifetime AT fluid (not convinced yet), JBL stereo sounds good. Overall, a very quiet and refined ride for such a powerful truck. Best half-ton ever made!

Tundra Terminator III
By Melvin Nieves on 09/20/07 14:43 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I feel super happy with my Tundra Limited 4wd 4 dr Crew cab 2007. Super quiet. Excellent suspension, very good movement, very strong when I need power, 381 hp is true. Fast acceleration. Excellent air conditioning. Excellent brake system. Interior fine and modern. Fuel economy is poor.

Best Investment
By BRIAN on 09/16/07 19:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

It looks and drives like a luxury truck but it really is a work truck. I can use it during the week to haul heavy loads or use it at a construction site and on the weekends, go to a wedding or nice outings all in the same truck. It's got power and class. The best vehicle I ever owned.

New Kid on the Block
By Doug Tachi on 09/14/07 12:30 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

As a tow vehicle the engine, with 401 ft. lbs. of torque coupled with a six speed transmission and 4.30 final drive ratio, is a lot closer to diesel performance than I had expected. The other surprise is general acceleration. Right off the showroom floor, typical stop light to stop light runs leave many "performance" cars struggling to keep up. The seats and seating position are very comfortable and except for the interior design of the dash, Toyota engineering has raised the bar for trucks in this class. So far it's been a win-win situation.

One Awesome Truck !
By Sherman on 09/11/07 20:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

In my opinion, this is the best truck on the market. I have grown up with Ford trucks my whole life but because of recent problems, not anymore. About 2 months ago I wanted to take an 07 Tundra for a test drive and was sold. I love this truck! I say that everyday. I have a family of 5 and there is plenty of comfortable room for all of us. Also for such a big truck, with a lot of power the mpg was not bad at all (compared to other same size trucks). I intend on driving this truck for a long time and if it is anything like my parents' Toyota trucks, I will be. Also, this truck has more than enough towing power for my boat to and from the launch and also for the quads to the woods.

Great vehicle
By pier on 09/08/07 14:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I love high quality cars. My Toyota Tundra is a high quality pickup truck. I'm very impressed about the power of this engine, as well as my driving experience, it is so smooth and comfortable. I owned a Ford F-150 before this one, but the Toyota is very far ahead in technology. I'm not tired anymore when I drive back from work. Driving with this truck is fun became my passion.