Used 2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Good Solid Vehicle
By John

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Limited 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Traded in a 2003 Tundra for the Crew Max so I could get more back seat room. This has been an excellent truck for me. The back doors are so big, however, that they don't always close the first time.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth.

Suggested Improvements

The only improvement I could wish for is a slightly longer bed.

Great truck so far
By great truck

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The Tundra's interior materials aren't as nice as the Tacomas, but it is still as good as any other domestic. Could have used better interior materials but in a truck meant for work it is a very nice interior. This truck is a beast. Limo sized back seat, quiet beast under the hood, a mile away between driver and passenger, and very comfortable. Awesome truck. I also test drove a Ford and a Silverado.

Favorite Features

Interior for a truck meant for work. Smooth powerful power train. Standard safety features (air bags all around, huge brakes, traction control, etc.), and interior space.

Suggested Improvements

Leather wrapped steering wheel on SR5 models, change interior dash light color, standard spray on bed liner or one like Tacoma, make fog lights standard, and make Sirius radio and option so I don't have to get rid of the stock radio. Not much else, great truck.

Love my Crewmax
By Justin

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I've had my slate metallic Crewmax for a little over a month now and it is a blast to drive. The engine and tranny are great. Impressive power with smooth shifts. I've never driven a vehicle with brakes this good. I've averaged almost 16 mpg in mixed driving and thats after putting 22" rims and slightly larger tires on it. I test drove every other 1/2 ton truck. Nothing else was close. Test drive a Tundra. You will buy it.

Favorite Features

Engine, tranny, brakes, HUGE backseat, tailgate assist, fuel mileage, ride quality.

Suggested Improvements

Better factory tires

Truck
By KT

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Limited 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This truck replaced a F150 Lariat 5.4L 4x4, and there is no comparison. The Tundra has power to spare whether towing or just driving. It rides well, but not as smooth as the F150. Plenty of room inside for passengers, thermos bottles, and glove compartment type objects, but there is no place to store jumper cables or even basic tools. Little to no road noise and features are luxury. The traction control system is awesome for highway driving in 2WD on slick or wet roads. Mileage is better than expected: over 19 on the highway, 13 while towing, and 14.5 in the city.

Favorite Features

Power, Power, Power! Plenty of interior passenger room. Fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Could use better skid plates - current ones are thin and not confidence inspring. Better storage behind or under the rear seats. Sonar is worthless. Locking differential would be nice.

Simply The Best Truck
By T Con

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Ater doing the SUV thing we decided to look at a four door truck. After researching the other manufacturers, we decided to go with the Toyota. The 5.7 liter engine is amazingly powerful. We got the SR5 Crewmax X-SP package which gives you a lot of extras for the price of the truck. The interior comfort is amazing, I am 6'3 and have more than enough room in the front or rear of this truck. My wife loves this truck more than I do for the comfort and awesome looks that it has. Toyota gives you what you want with the Tundra, power, performance, comfort and reliability. If you don't get caught up with the power of the 5.7 you can get 20 mpg while driving. If you drive it you will buy it.

Favorite Features

We like it all. Well done.

Suggested Improvements

Locking gas filler door.