Used 2007 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

A pleasure to ride
By Arnie

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The funnest vehicle I've ever had. After 50,000 miles, averaging 18 MPG. I can get about 480 miles on a tank on the freeway. The power is awesome. This truck replaced my Tacoma, which I loved, but this vehicle is everything I imagined and more. Only maintenance has been the routine stuff. This truck is perfect for pulling my trailer of ATV's, or even just loading one in the bed. I figure I'll get about 100,000 miles and trade it in for a newer model, so my next one will probably be in 2011. Way to go TOYOTA!

Favorite Features

I love all the room inside, the look of the exterior, the heated mirrors, all the space in the middle console, the lighting inside, multiple light hook-ups for the trailer, and the assisted tailgate is one of my favs. The power of this truck is unreal, and it rides so smooth on the freeway.

Suggested Improvements

I would improve on the factory radio, which I HAD to replace. Geez, just can't think of anything else right now. Awesome truck.

Best I've owned
By Chuck

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've had this truck for two years without a problem. I have the TRD off road version, drive the California freeways regularly and can't complain about the ride. It's stiff, but it's a truck. The 4.7 engine will run with anything although I would like the 5.7 just because I like like power. On trips to Colorado and Arizona I've averaged 19 mpg. This is with a 4:10 rear gear and mountains. I'd buy another. Most reliable I've had.

Favorite Features

Looks good to me. Plenty of power. No costs except for regular oil changes. Excellent braking!

Suggested Improvements

Orange colored dash lights.

Almost a tough off-road truck
By Southern Ranch Truck

2007 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Bought this hoping to find a rugged, reliable truck that could handle hardcore ranch work - in 4WD most of the time, pulling trailers, hauling a full bed load, running off-road - and the results have been mixed (but better than my previous Silverado and F-250 and my current Dodge Ram 2500). Can't complain about the HP, torque and towing - best I've owned. Have begun to experience reliability problems - not very Toyota-like. Biggest complaint is that the off-road/4WD features are more for show than for utility. I've replaced skid plat twice, bent the hitch, tow hooks are inconvenient, plastic dam gets in the way. If they'd offer a true tough work truck they'd capture the market.

Favorite Features

HP, towing ability, interior styling and room are best of any truck I've owned. Love the cushion-drop tailgate. Workmanship and reliability is also slightly better, but not up to previous Toyota standards. Body metal is OK. They'd do well to consult with offroaders on improvements to toughen-up.

Suggested Improvements

The factory "skid plate" is a joke: slightly thicker than aluminum foil; the other off-road features are marginally better. Also need to beef-up the radiator and transmission cooling system. They really need to upgrade this entire package dramatically - maybe offer a true off-road or ranch edition.

There's a lot to like here...
By S. Baker

2007 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This truck rides and handles well enough that even the wife doesn't mind driving it. It's comfortable for my 6-2 large frame even on a 300 mile straight through drive (which is the freeway distance you will go between fill-ups). Fit and finish is outstanding. Treat it gently as the sheet metal is paper thin and dents can accumulate very easily. The same applies to the paint job (paper thin). Have had the truck for a year and a half and have had no warranty issues whatsoever. This won't replace a Ford F250, but you'd be better off buying it over a F150.

Favorite Features

Tilt wheel, decent sound system, bluetooth, tons of storage space, assisted tailgate, electric folding outside mirrors (great to have on the ferry), excellent headlamp system.

Suggested Improvements

Tougher sheet metal for body, better (thicker) paint job, telescoping steering wheel, and less plastic in the cab.

Quality control improvements needed
By MOMAN

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Excellent truck and excellent local dealer. Problems: In 18 months I had 3 radios, 3 rear bumpers, 2 alloy wheels repainted, and new set of tires. In 18 months I averaged 17.5 MPG. The truck is fun to drive and very functional. Went to Toyota due to problems with U.S. vehicles - now having problems with Toyota.

Favorite Features

Ride, handling, and appearance.

Suggested Improvements

Better quality control.