2007 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Great Design executed horribly
By Former Toyota fan on 05/04/08 11:29 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Iíve had my crew cab for less than a year now and itís junk. I have had three major failures (A/C condenser failure, radio failure and wiper transmission failure) and numerous other problems in the first year. Every time something fails it involves two trips to the dealer. The first to find the problem and then the second a week later once they get parts in. I work too far from the dealer for them to shuttle me to work and Iíve been in so many time that they wonít give me a loaner unless they keep the truck over night so every trip to the dealer means at least a half day off from work (one full day per problem for the two trips). I'm still waiting on parts to fix the AC and radio.

Best truck I have ever had
By Jon Phillips on 04/26/08 06:30 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is my first Toyota, first ever vehicle that was not Ford, Chevy, or Dodge. I bought mine used and have been amazed daily at how really good this truck is. 20 and sometimes more MPG on the highway. 14 to 16 running around town on errands but most of my use requires highway driving. I bought this truck as a grand experiment because I needed a vehicle that could do long mileage and not fail me when I needed it. So far, so good. This is the most comfortable truck I have ever used.

Worst riding truck I've ever driven
By primo on 04/20/08 14:00 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned or worked out of 14 different trucks in the last 10 years and can safely say that this vehicle has by far the worst ride of them all. The amount of reverberation from the rear of the truck on concrete roads is insane. Hitting a speed bump at 10mph causes shockwaves to travel up to the front of the truck for 5 seconds while the bed bounces up and down like a diving board. This problem is supposedly only confined to the DC models so do yourself, and your pancreas, a favor and get the crew- max. Toyota has been told repeatedly about the ride issues with the DCs and still refuses to aknowledge it. I will be trading in this back killer as soon as I can.

Wonder if engine will hold up.
By Worried on 04/20/08 09:10 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The 2007 Toyota Tundra is a nice truck, but I have a few complaints: the engine sounds like a diesel until it warms up, the ride is jarring, and it is hard to see when backing up. Toyota seems to use a lot of cheap plastic material; some have started to discolor already. When I ask the dealership for help on issues that seem to be abnormal it all ends up being normal; like the clattering engine, the vibration in the steering wheel and cupping tires, and transmission down shifting.

Tough Truck
By David B. Carlson on 04/13/08 10:43 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

For all the non believers out there, this is a good, strong truck to be reckoned with. If you're in the market for a new truck, do yourself right and test drive this one too.

Awful ride
By randy on 04/01/08 16:34 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this powerful half ton thinking it would run like my 9 year old tacoma. The ride is simply awful. I as well as my passengers are literally bouncing off our seats being held in by our seat belts. I don't dare have my new born in the truck as a passenger. After waiting a year for a promised fix from Toyota for the rough ride I could wait no longer and traded it in for a GMC Sierra. Lost a bit of power but man is the ride better. Problems during my 9 months of ownership: the rubber sealant around the windows were replaced. The driver's side mirror was replaced. The torque convertor was replaced. The transmission was being looked at due to hesitation-vibration.

Awesome
By Kamen Dimitrov on 03/27/08 05:04 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I live in Bulgaria and my father and I have been looking for some months to import an American style truck. Obviously we were focused on the Ford F-150 and the Chevy Silverado and Avalanche, when one day we saw a Tundra CrewMax sitting in a used car dealership in Bulgaria. It had 500 miles on it. Well, that has become our truck in Bulgaria. It is huge, and in Bulgaria it look particularly huge. The 5.7 V8 has awesome power and makes it fun to drive. Also, we went to the mountain with it - there isn't an obstacle for the Tundra.

Best Truck I've ever Owned
By hew25889 on 03/26/08 09:10 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

With 32,500 miles I've never been happier with a truck. I've owned Ford, Chevy (2), and Dodge trucks. The only thing that comes close to the Tundra was a Duramax. Driving the Tundra feels like the Duramax, just I can't tow as much. I installed the KN Cool Air Intake, gives it even more hp and sounds cool.

Great Truck
By Steve on 03/22/08 17:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I've put over 42,000 miles with no mechanical problems. Spend most of my day on muddy job-sites, pulling trailers, carrying 1,500 to 2,000 lbs of construction supplies and the truck has performed magnificently.

Tundra over here!!
By ct/tundra on 03/20/08 12:19 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Normally, I would not have bought a toyota of any type. The Tundra is my work/car truck. Gas is comparable for its size. I have put over 15000 miles on this truck, highway and city. I drive it, don't abuse it. Fun to drive, turns heads, durable, not always easy to park, must consider the size. Others have had problems with their Tundra. I am 64, owned many vehicles, there are some that have problems. That is not an overall picture of the new Tundra. My wife & I enjoy our Tundra very much. In fact we leave her 2008 Camry parked and take the road in the Tundra. The 4.7 has all the power needed for the average home owner. Heavy duty work go for the 5.7 and turn more heads.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.