Used 2007 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews - 267 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Tundra

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

By far the best truck I have ever owned!
By steved

2007 Toyota Tundra 2dr Regular Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this truck in july 07, I have worked it very hard, heavy duty trailers towing a bobcat, ski boat 24 ft camper, 2500lbs firewood in the bed. I have owned 2 silverados, 1 f150, 1 ram and an expedition. This is by far the toughest truck i have had. The ride is great, the engine is very snappy, the transmission is smooth. I have not had one problem with this truck with the exception of one of the rubber strips coming off the roof from the automatic carwash. No biggy. Contrary to other statements, my tailgate is very strong, I have loaded my 700lb Arctic Cat in the bed many times with no issues. Love the fact that its built in America with American materials. Good Job Toyota!!

Engine power, torque, ride, reliability, and RESALE VALUE.

Minor exterior flaws.

Very Good Truck
By Kevin

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have had my Crewmax for 2.5 years and 66K. It has been very reliable. Just oil changes and tire rotation. As others have mentioned the body panels and paint are thin and will dent and chip easily. I have used my tundra for towing a 6K to 8K trailer with no issues and taken the family on several vacations. It has really been a do it all vehicle. My fuel mileage after 66k is averaged 16.8 mpg.

5.7 with 6 speed auto.

refine interior components

Aggravated
By John in Houston

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I was a big believer in Toyota quality until my Tundra experience. Auto door locks and remote won't function on the front doors and they tell me it will be $1,250 to fix. Since the key only works on the driver door, this is a big hassle. Why design locks so they are too expensive to fix? The lights on the radio panel haven't worked for most of the time since I've had the truck, so the button lights and channel indicator can't be read while night driving. Transmission replaced once, but then often jerked when putting the car in drive. Dealer tells me they just have this problem and he can't fix it. This is not the reliability and quality I thought I was spending my money on.

Roomy and comfortable. I like the size of the bed.

Need to return to the quality Toyota used to be known for, and stand behind this product. Customer support was not helpful.

Love the Tundra!
By sid/marleen lewis

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

When we saw the truck we liked the looks of it right away. When we bought it we fell in love with it. It is the nicest truck we have ever had. WE will go with these always.

The truck is so comfortable and is easy to see out of it (for us short people). The interior is easy to reach everything. Nice multiple cd player!

I see no improvements at this time. Wonderful Truck.

105K miles - Best car I ever bought
By kamikani

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I've owned this truck for a little over two years now, and over 100K miles. Aside from a Toyota Celica I had in college, this is the best car/truck I have ever owned. Great reliability, great power, great towing capacity. All I've had done to it is change the oil & rotate the tires every 5K miles and recently, changed the front/rear differential oil. The ribber gaskets around the front doors do come off at the upper corner if you use automatic car washes. That's my only complaint. Fuel mileage is what you would expect for a 5.7L with this much power and torque. I get about 18/Hwy and 16 City.

Power. Storage areas. Rear-seat legroom. Power rear window. Styling.

JBL sound system is over-priced, and just average in quality. It was about a $1K add. Improve the exterior rubber gaskets around the front doors. Automatic car washes make them pull away at the upper corners. Have a factory cargo cover as an option. Headlamp aiming (I get a lot of flashes).