2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Good Choice
By bctundra on 11/27/07 23:53 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Did a lot of research and test drove all manufacturers and all sizes. This truck was the most impressive, bought three of them in fact. Everyone is amazed with the performance and absolutely loves the styling. Was hesitant to buy anything other than a domestic but couldn't pass on this truck.

So Far so Good
By Michael T on 11/20/07 13:50 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this truck to replace a 2003 Toyota Tacoma. I went with the TRD package because I love the look. I drive 90 miles a day so comfort and reliability are also very important. After reading several reviews I went with the 5.7L V8 and man am I glad. This truck is pure fun. The ride is smooth and comfortable. My wife doesn't want to drive her Expedition anymore! I'm not a big truck guy but this thing is perfect for people looking for the convenience of a truck and the ride of a car. The truck is big so people need to be aware that parking can be tight. With that said all I can say is, Toyota did it once again. Great job!

Small problems
By mac57 on 11/13/07 11:02 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Love the truck! Small problems due to Toyota quality slipping. Rattle in door, kick panel loose, front end out of line at delivery, now my tail gate latch broke after only opening the gate maybe a half dozen times. Still love the truck but you do not expect these little problems from a Toyota.

Muscle Truck
By CBass on 11/11/07 20:12 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This thing is like driving a jacked up sports car! It is a little strange to be in a vehicle this big that has so much power. Overall I am very impressed with all levels of this truck. The fit and finish is top notch, the doors shut with a tight seal, the bucket seats are great and it tows my 20' boat like it isn't even there. I traded my z71 suburban for the Tundra Doublecab. It has as much room in the back seat as my Burb had in the second row. Mine has the XSP package which includes the 20" BBS wheels, fender flares, leather, step bars, skid plate, etc. I think this must be a package that is only available from S.E. Toyota as I don't see it listed on here. Buy one!

Just as I expected
By achaux on 10/22/07 21:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

So far I'm extremely happy. Just wish they made the v8 with a manual transmission. That is my only complaint. Ride, mileage, initial quality all exceed my last truck.

Great Truck
By David Moody on 10/21/07 09:17 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is our 1st full size truck and we could not be happier. It is as much a pleasure to drive as our Avalon.

Work Hard/ Play Hard
By thill on 10/16/07 16:40 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have always driven Fords for work and play, but that just changed. This truck has more power, more tow capacity, the interior looks better, more room, plenty of storage inside cab for papers, cards, files, drinks (on the door also), turns better, and is just more fun to drive. I have driven just about every Ford truck there is up to 850s (work). This truck compares to the F250 5.4L Lariat in my book. I also love to race and this truck has it there, well for being full size!! We will see how it lasts and pretty quick. Almost ready for first oil change in about 1 1/2 months.

Best Option I found
By Nancy on 10/16/07 16:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is my first truck, having owned SUVs, but I talked with a lot of folks before going with the Tundra. Ride is excellent, fuel econmy great for its size (getting 19-20 hwy) - not an in town kind of truck though. Drives, handles and brakes well. Massive amount of room. Love the tow mirrors. Could use better back up lights, sonar should be standard in trucks this size. I still wish someone would market a small truck that would blow away the big boys on the highway in mpg. For now, there is no gain in going smaller if you want 4WD so why not get a big truck that can carry more (if you need a truck).

So Far - So Good
By CRSII on 10/12/07 21:44 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Purchased the 4WD EC Limited TRD 1 week ago. Only +/- 120 miles but so far very impressed. Researched all comparable trucks for 6 months before making purchase. Engine is a beast! Not as impressed with the 6 speed tranny as I expected. The 5 speed in our '05 Sequoia is smoother. However, truck is brand new so I may be overly sensitive given some reports of tranny issues I have read. Ride is a bit choppy with the TRD package but I think it will soften over time and the price ($105) with the Limited makes it a no-brainer. Topped off after 1st 1/2 tank of gas and calculated at 12.4 MPG with all driving in town.

very Good
By bo on 10/09/07 13:21 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Very good handling, nice ride on rough road and in cornering.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.