2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Went back to the Tundra
By Chubbs on 07/31/07 09:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Limited 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

We had a 2000 Tundra that did a wonderful job for us. We moved and when it was time for a new one, the Titan pulled more weight so we got one. While the Titan was a wonderful truck, it's just not a Toyota. This new Tundra is just plain gorgeous and I anticipate performance and comfort on our cross-country journeys while pulling a trailer.

Best in class - hands down
By TundraMarkinNC on 07/30/07 06:30 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I shopped the Ford F150, Dodge Ram 1500 and the Silverado before buying the Tundra. The horsepower and torque are incredible. The 6-speed transmission shifts very smoothly. I got the JBL stereo upgrade, but thought it was overpriced (see comments below). If you get a 4X4, make sure you get step bars (very tall). Best fuel economy compared to other trucks in this class.

Great Ride
By Thomas on 07/25/07 17:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Limited 4dr CrewMax SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have ony had this truck for a week, but it's making me forget my beloved 10 year old F150 Lariat. I have the TRD package and I read about the "rough ride" of this trim. I suggest you check your tire pressure - mine was 6-7 lbs. over recommended. I towed my 22 foot pontoon through the city on a Friday evening and the truck handled the load like a champ. Acceleration and braking was very controlled and confidence-inspiring.

Very pleased
By pleased on 07/22/07 09:29 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I picked up my new SR5 CrewMax yesterday. It is a gorgeous vehicle, Silver Sky exterior, with black leather interior. It seems to have very good road manners, tracks very straight and stops very straight. It is fast and very smooth, like a luxury sedan. It is also a big vehicle and you sit quite tall in the saddle. My truck is equipped with a lot of the extras that come standard on the CrewMax Limited, but my truck was $4300 less than a Limited, so I feel like I got a very good value for my money. The fit and finish are fantastic. It is the first vehicle I have ever owned where I can find no blemishes, interior or exterior.

My Dream Truck
By puuloke on 07/21/07 00:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I drive 200 miles per day to and from work over a mountain road that takes me from sea level to 10,000 ft elevation and back down the other side. My commute is over highway, roughly paved and gravel roads. I have driven Chevy, Dodge, Ford and Nissan trucks during the 20 years I have had this drive. This is absolutely without a doubt the best truck I have ever had, in all categories. Traction is superb, and I bought the truck for reliability so everything is heavy duty. I don't mind the rougher ride with the TRD offroad package and the CD player doesn't skip like in my Dodge. I can't wait to take this truck camping next week.

Bounce away
By Top P on 07/20/07 23:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Limited 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

After owning a Tacoma for 8 years I went out and bought a Tundra. The big boy. And boy have I have been disappointed. The ride in this truck is just AWFUL. My pregnant wife gets physically sick from the bouncing it does on the highways here in southern Cali. I am waiting for Toyota to address my complaint. I do not have the TRD package but I still bounce. Toyota knows about the problem but has yet to address it. Buyer beware! I only wish I knew a month ago. At the very least, test drive on the highways for a few miles before you decide.

Crew Max exceeds expectations
By greg on 07/19/07 18:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Limited 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Recently purchased a new Toyota Crewmax with 5.7L engine. This truck outperforms all my expectations. The only item that I would like to see is a better interior on the limited edition. Can't complain about the gas mileage as it is a large V8 engine. Driving in the rocky mountains up steep passes doesn't even phase the engine or the 6 speed transmission. Features such as the back up camera and sonar are an ease to use for parking. The rear seats easily sit my friends who are over 6'3" tall.

Performance and Reliability
By EX Ford Owner on 07/18/07 22:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Limited 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I was a GMC and F150 owner for years. After my 2006 F150 broke down the 4th time I drove it straight to the Toyota dealer and traded it in. I felt guilty at first , but than learned The Toyota was designed and built in the U.S. (much more so than the F150 !).This truck may cost a little more, but you get way more for the money, the build quality is far superior, it tows like an animal, and with only 1500 miles it is getting better gas mileage than the f150 already. I get compliments on it all the time. It is sharp enough to take my girlfriend to a nice restaurant, and strong enough to haul my race car to the track. The last time I towed, it was up hills in 108 degree heat - no sweat.

A true review of a super smooth truck
By hillbillytrucker on 07/18/07 18:45 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned 3 Silverados and 2 F-150s. This is my first Toyota truck. The 5.7 is as powerful as advertised and for such a large vehicle (5600+ lbs), gas mileage has averaged around 17.5. As the Toyota name would imply, the build quality and fit and finish are super. The AC is the coldest of any vehicle I've ever owned. The Crewmax has an extraordinary amount of room for those with a family. I'm 6'0" and can sit in back seat with seat pulled fully forward and still cannot touch the front seat with my knees. Ride quality is very good, but not quite as smooth as the new GM products. (Still a 9/10, though.) No rattles or squeaks. The six speed and the manumatic shift is silky smooth.

Nice Truck!
By KENTACO on 07/13/07 22:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I traded in my 06 Tacoma Prerunner Double Cab Long Bed TRD Sport for an SR5 Crewmax Short bed with 5.7 6 AT. The Crewmax takes regular gas at 87 octane compared to the 92 octane that the Tacoma required. The Tundra accelerates with ease, and the ride is very smooth. I love the rear seat space. It is huge back there, and my family can relax during long drives from Vegas to Orange County. So far, the Tundra is a winner. I just hope that my 5.7 is not one of those with a defective camshaft that grounded about 20 5.7s so far.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.