2007 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Love this truck
By chris on 07/27/08 15:56 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I traded in a F-250 PS LB 4x4 and love this truck so much more. There is plenty of room in the cab for my children however I wish the bed and fuel tank were a bit larger.

Not bad
By Sean on 07/04/08 15:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Overall I'm happy. Great power. Haul heavy loads all the time and have had no issues with ride. Ride actually gets better as the bed is weighted. Empty bed on rough roads cause entire truck to resonate... this is common in trucks though. Inside plastic; radio and dash material is cheap (planned to get aftermarket nav as it has better features). Bluetooth is actually no good, no one can hear me clearly. JBL subwoofer under rear seat is poorly placed, should have stuck it behind the seat. Center channel on dash makes noise if covered up with paper. Rear head rests obstruct view. No memory seats, rear ac vents or step lights standard on DC Limited? I couldn't get a moonroof on the DC.

Traded in my Lexus for it!
By Chris on 07/04/08 06:53 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Great handling except for a little bed bounce. Have about 8000 miles with no problems what so ever. Stopped burning rubber at stop lights because of gas economy but MAN the power is awesome. Get plenty of looks and compliments. Put new chrome grille and chromed out all exterior parts "It's a head turner!"

Best 1/2 ton Truck on the Market
By Chrisco on 06/20/08 09:03 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

After 6 months of driving this vehicle, I find that it delivers on things like towing and hauling. I guarantee you will not find another truck that has better braking ability and power.

Very weak truck
By kboyfrommd on 06/07/08 23:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have to say this was the worst truck I ever owned. Constant mechanical problems (broken tailgate, transmission issues, engine knock). It was also one of the most uncomfortable trucks to drive any distance. It was rough riding and hard to keep on the road (jittery). I sold it after 6 months and will never own a Toyota again. Stay away.

Bad paint
By william knerr on 06/02/08 11:19 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Bought my new 07 Toyota tundra crewmax in june 07. Three weeks after I bought it small paint chips started comeing off it. Toyota said all they would paint the two passenger side doors. I said I didn't think the paint would ever match. Besides it's only three weeks old. They said take it to your dealership. See what they can do for you. When I did that I noticed pen size chips coming off the driver's side. So now its the whole truck. By now a month has passed the people in California customer service center said your thirty days are up there's nothing more we can do for you. It's yours now.

Worst Vehicle I've Ever Owned
By Tim on 05/27/08 14:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I'm 41 years old and have owned trucks from Dodge, Chevy, GMC, Ford, and now Toyota (I have no brand loyalty). Without a doubt, this is by far the worst vehicle I have ever owned!! I've had so many problems, I'm not sure where to begin. I have owned the truck for 5 months, and it has 9100 miles. That may seem like a lot, but I usually drive about 35k miles a year (so it should have about 17k miles, not 9). Why the low miles? Because, it spends all it's time in the shop. Engine, brakes, paint (2 complete paint jobs on a brand new truck...downright criminal), transmission (on its third), ECM, constant engine codes, dash rattle, rusting bumpers, ignition stuck, bad drive shaft.

"No Problem!"
By NWTrader on 05/19/08 21:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have always been impressed with Toyota's quality and resale value. When they moved into the 1/2 ton market with their original offering, however, I was not impressed at all. No head room, no shoulder room, no leg room, small bed. The 2007 Tundra fixed all that and then some. The reason I chose the Tundra over the GMC Sierra (my 2nd choice) was the 5-speed and 6-speed transmission offerings versus the old 4-speed in the GMC. Have had the truck now for ten months. Not a single problem. Very nice truck and a very nice platform to build on. Good job, Toyota!

2007 tundra
By wgale on 05/11/08 10:08 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Rides like a car, 4.7v8 has plenty of power. 13,000 miles later, only change oil and filter. 17 mpg is the best it has done. I have a cap on it and has all my tools for my trade in it. Love it.

High Marks for the Tundra!
By esox64 on 05/07/08 19:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is one solid built truck! A few weeks ago, I loaded the following items into the bed of my Tundra: 15 rolls of sod, twenty (40 lb) bags of top soil, and two (50 lb) bags of pea gravel and easily hauled everything home in one trip! The dual hitch plugs on the back of the truck and the extending side mirrors are great features when towing my boat all over the Midwest. The transmission on my Tundra is real smooth & quiet and I had no problems with it while towing a boat through the steep & twisting hills of eastern Kentucky.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.