2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
"No Problem!"
By NWTrader on 05/19/08 21:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have always been impressed with Toyota's quality and resale value. When they moved into the 1/2 ton market with their original offering, however, I was not impressed at all. No head room, no shoulder room, no leg room, small bed. The 2007 Tundra fixed all that and then some. The reason I chose the Tundra over the GMC Sierra (my 2nd choice) was the 5-speed and 6-speed transmission offerings versus the old 4-speed in the GMC. Have had the truck now for ten months. Not a single problem. Very nice truck and a very nice platform to build on. Good job, Toyota!

2007 tundra
By wgale on 05/11/08 10:08 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Rides like a car, 4.7v8 has plenty of power. 13,000 miles later, only change oil and filter. 17 mpg is the best it has done. I have a cap on it and has all my tools for my trade in it. Love it.

High Marks for the Tundra!
By esox64 on 05/07/08 19:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is one solid built truck! A few weeks ago, I loaded the following items into the bed of my Tundra: 15 rolls of sod, twenty (40 lb) bags of top soil, and two (50 lb) bags of pea gravel and easily hauled everything home in one trip! The dual hitch plugs on the back of the truck and the extending side mirrors are great features when towing my boat all over the Midwest. The transmission on my Tundra is real smooth & quiet and I had no problems with it while towing a boat through the steep & twisting hills of eastern Kentucky.

Worst riding truck I've ever driven
By primo on 04/20/08 14:00 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned or worked out of 14 different trucks in the last 10 years and can safely say that this vehicle has by far the worst ride of them all. The amount of reverberation from the rear of the truck on concrete roads is insane. Hitting a speed bump at 10mph causes shockwaves to travel up to the front of the truck for 5 seconds while the bed bounces up and down like a diving board. This problem is supposedly only confined to the DC models so do yourself, and your pancreas, a favor and get the crew- max. Toyota has been told repeatedly about the ride issues with the DCs and still refuses to aknowledge it. I will be trading in this back killer as soon as I can.

Tough Truck
By David B. Carlson on 04/13/08 10:43 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

For all the non believers out there, this is a good, strong truck to be reckoned with. If you're in the market for a new truck, do yourself right and test drive this one too.

Best Truck I've ever Owned
By hew25889 on 03/26/08 09:10 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

With 32,500 miles I've never been happier with a truck. I've owned Ford, Chevy (2), and Dodge trucks. The only thing that comes close to the Tundra was a Duramax. Driving the Tundra feels like the Duramax, just I can't tow as much. I installed the KN Cool Air Intake, gives it even more hp and sounds cool.

Great Truck
By Steve on 03/22/08 17:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I've put over 42,000 miles with no mechanical problems. Spend most of my day on muddy job-sites, pulling trailers, carrying 1,500 to 2,000 lbs of construction supplies and the truck has performed magnificently.

Tundra over here!!
By ct/tundra on 03/20/08 12:19 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Normally, I would not have bought a toyota of any type. The Tundra is my work/car truck. Gas is comparable for its size. I have put over 15000 miles on this truck, highway and city. I drive it, don't abuse it. Fun to drive, turns heads, durable, not always easy to park, must consider the size. Others have had problems with their Tundra. I am 64, owned many vehicles, there are some that have problems. That is not an overall picture of the new Tundra. My wife & I enjoy our Tundra very much. In fact we leave her 2008 Camry parked and take the road in the Tundra. The 4.7 has all the power needed for the average home owner. Heavy duty work go for the 5.7 and turn more heads.

Too many miles
By ken on 03/18/08 09:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The tundra is a blast to drive and always a eye catcher. I have only had one problem and that was the recall on the drive shaft. I get a 17.5 mpg on the average and 13 when I haul the 8900lb trailer. Still beats my dodge I would recommend this truck to anyone.

Tunk Is My Buddy
By Tunk on 03/17/08 17:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have a quirky habit of naming my vehicles, because I usually keep them for 10+ years. I call my Tundra truck Tunk. I like the way it feels when I'm driving, and the turning radius for this size vehicle is amazing. The seats are comfortable if you pull the headrests out & turn them around so you're not forced to scrunch your neck to conform. The 236 hp V6 is smooth as silk & purrs like a big cat when you're cruising down a back road at 55 or 60, up or down a hill, where it is lugging down below 2k rpm. The cruise control took a little getting used to because the control "schtick" turns with the wheel, while other levers remain stationary. Heat & A/C superb, back seats roomy & comfortable.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.