2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 Double Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

2007 Tundra Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Sort Reviews by

Worst Vehicle I've Ever Owned
By Tim

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I'm 41 years old and have owned trucks from Dodge, Chevy, GMC, Ford, and now Toyota (I have no brand loyalty). Without a doubt, this is by far the worst vehicle I have ever owned!! I've had so many problems, I'm not sure where to begin. I have owned the truck for 5 months, and it has 9100 miles. That may seem like a lot, but I usually drive about 35k miles a year (so it should have about 17k miles, not 9). Why the low miles? Because, it spends all it's time in the shop. Engine, brakes, paint (2 complete paint jobs on a brand new truck...downright criminal), transmission (on its third), ECM, constant engine codes, dash rattle, rusting bumpers, ignition stuck, bad drive shaft.

Favorite Features

Engine, on the rare day when running correctly, has a lot of power, and fair fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

C'mon Toyota..you are supposed to be reliable.

"No Problem!"
By NWTrader

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have always been impressed with Toyota's quality and resale value. When they moved into the 1/2 ton market with their original offering, however, I was not impressed at all. No head room, no shoulder room, no leg room, small bed. The 2007 Tundra fixed all that and then some. The reason I chose the Tundra over the GMC Sierra (my 2nd choice) was the 5-speed and 6-speed transmission offerings versus the old 4-speed in the GMC. Have had the truck now for ten months. Not a single problem. Very nice truck and a very nice platform to build on. Good job, Toyota!

Favorite Features

Plenty of compliments. 5-speed transmission. Center console size (I run a computer-stand setup in my mobile office and use the center console to hold my mouse pad). Bluetooth with phone and steering wheel controls...can lose the earpiece. Wife loves the heated seats, roominess and JBL stereo system.

Suggested Improvements

Rear camera screen in cockpit placed with poor screen angle. Have to crouch to view it. Makes it unusable and worthless. Suggest adjustable screen. Work on improving gas mileage... technology is at hand!

2007 tundra
By wgale

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Rides like a car, 4.7v8 has plenty of power. 13,000 miles later, only change oil and filter. 17 mpg is the best it has done. I have a cap on it and has all my tools for my trade in it. Love it.

Favorite Features

Tail gate, vsc, very quiet, power, ride, rugged.

Suggested Improvements

Have carpeting and trim colors other than black in a blue truck, how about grey?

High Marks for the Tundra!
By esox64

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is one solid built truck! A few weeks ago, I loaded the following items into the bed of my Tundra: 15 rolls of sod, twenty (40 lb) bags of top soil, and two (50 lb) bags of pea gravel and easily hauled everything home in one trip! The dual hitch plugs on the back of the truck and the extending side mirrors are great features when towing my boat all over the Midwest. The transmission on my Tundra is real smooth & quiet and I had no problems with it while towing a boat through the steep & twisting hills of eastern Kentucky.

Favorite Features

Towing & hauling power are fantastic. I get good gas mileage towing a boat on the highway. The extended side mirrors are very useful when towing a boat. The V8 power & quiet transmission are great when climbing steep hills. The interior cabin is comfortable and roomy for tall people.

Suggested Improvements

City gas mileage could improve. The back seat head rests block out way too much of the back window, I removed all three back seat head rests. With the V8 engine it takes too long for the heat to kick in on cold winter days. The thin cable supporting the spare tire is way too easy for theives to cut.

Worst riding truck I've ever driven
By primo

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned or worked out of 14 different trucks in the last 10 years and can safely say that this vehicle has by far the worst ride of them all. The amount of reverberation from the rear of the truck on concrete roads is insane. Hitting a speed bump at 10mph causes shockwaves to travel up to the front of the truck for 5 seconds while the bed bounces up and down like a diving board. This problem is supposedly only confined to the DC models so do yourself, and your pancreas, a favor and get the crew- max. Toyota has been told repeatedly about the ride issues with the DCs and still refuses to aknowledge it. I will be trading in this back killer as soon as I can.

Favorite Features

Engine, liqui-cell leather seats.

Suggested Improvements

Ride quality, ambient light for center console useless, A/C turns to outside air automatically, long reach for radio, gauge cluster not easily viewable from many angles, rear-view mirror too small, no lights for window controls, plastic on dash is painted not molded in (easily scratched).

Tough Truck
By David B. Carlson

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

For all the non believers out there, this is a good, strong truck to be reckoned with. If you're in the market for a new truck, do yourself right and test drive this one too.

Favorite Features

Power and towing abilities

Suggested Improvements

Key locks on both doors. standard backup camera for safety.

Best Truck I've ever Owned
By hew25889

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

With 32,500 miles I've never been happier with a truck. I've owned Ford, Chevy (2), and Dodge trucks. The only thing that comes close to the Tundra was a Duramax. Driving the Tundra feels like the Duramax, just I can't tow as much. I installed the KN Cool Air Intake, gives it even more hp and sounds cool.

Favorite Features

The whole truck,

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of any

Great Truck
By Steve

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I've put over 42,000 miles with no mechanical problems. Spend most of my day on muddy job-sites, pulling trailers, carrying 1,500 to 2,000 lbs of construction supplies and the truck has performed magnificently.

Favorite Features

Power and reliability

Suggested Improvements

Better MPG

Tundra over here!!
By ct/tundra

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Normally, I would not have bought a toyota of any type. The Tundra is my work/car truck. Gas is comparable for its size. I have put over 15000 miles on this truck, highway and city. I drive it, don't abuse it. Fun to drive, turns heads, durable, not always easy to park, must consider the size. Others have had problems with their Tundra. I am 64, owned many vehicles, there are some that have problems. That is not an overall picture of the new Tundra. My wife & I enjoy our Tundra very much. In fact we leave her 2008 Camry parked and take the road in the Tundra. The 4.7 has all the power needed for the average home owner. Heavy duty work go for the 5.7 and turn more heads.

Favorite Features

Braking, smoooth ride, and the daring look.

Suggested Improvements

Don't force buyers to go with after market exhaust. Make duals standard on all V8s.

Too many miles
By ken

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The tundra is a blast to drive and always a eye catcher. I have only had one problem and that was the recall on the drive shaft. I get a 17.5 mpg on the average and 13 when I haul the 8900lb trailer. Still beats my dodge I would recommend this truck to anyone.

Favorite Features

The soft open tailgate and the feather light ease of closing it

Suggested Improvements

More ground clearance.