Used 2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

CO owned Tundra
By CO owned

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The truck has been flawless as far as repairs. I have 25k miles with the 5.7 and avg 16 mpg. I have it in the shop though being upgraded for pulling. It has the power but the 8000 lbs tongue 29' trailer throws it around. The plan is with helper springs it will stop. Overall I am very happy, just cross wind has been a problem. I am also needing new tires as the factory tires are already bold.

Power!

Heavier springs

2007 tundra
By Bill

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

85,000 miles. No problems. Fun and powerful to drive. Have trd package, w/limited slip and towing package. Live in Arizona and drive it hard in hot and dusty places. 100% satisfied.

reliable, powerful & looks good

lift 2 wheel drive by 1 1/2 inch from factory

Why did i wait?
By foothills

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The 5.7 motor in this truck is years ahead of the others. It is smooth, quiet and the power is unreal. I am getting 14 mpg, and don;t care because it is so much fun to drive. The truck has the TRD dual exhausts and sounds great when you get on it. The limited slip diff is great for gravel roads and snow. I do not use this as work truck, just weekend warrior stuff and commuting. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a fun and practical vehicle.

Engine and drivetrain, see above. Very good ride on our lousy Vermont roads. Build quality seems very good, no rattles, squeaks, etc. Just a fun vehicle to own. Wish I had gotten the crewmax for our three year old. Back seat is cramped on double cab.

If i could get 18 mpg all the time (do get it on the highway) it would be great. No real complaints. Don't believe the naysayers until you have driven a Tundra and judge for yourself.

Leased Tundra
By Scott

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have driven this truck for 2.5 years and have clocked 40000 miles. The gas mileage has been very good and has averaged 17 mpg in city driving. This truck has hauled 2400 pounds of concrete bags with great ease, and towed my tractor nicely. It does wear front tires on the outside edge, but I have gotten 40K miles out of the tires. The 5 speed transmission is very well matched to the 4.7 V-8, and quickly moves this truck in all situations. Highway stability isn't quite as stable as I would like, but isn't a major concern. I have had no gas pedal issues. I would buy another Tundra, it's great gas mileage makes it an obvious choice over smaller trucks with same gas mileage. Great Buy!

Engine and transmission are well matched. Great gas mileage. Locking tailgate.

Highway stability. Change gear ratio to help improve gas mileage further.

Love the Tundra!
By sid/marleen lewis

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

When we saw the truck we liked the looks of it right away. When we bought it we fell in love with it. It is the nicest truck we have ever had. WE will go with these always.

The truck is so comfortable and is easy to see out of it (for us short people). The interior is easy to reach everything. Nice multiple cd player!

I see no improvements at this time. Wonderful Truck.