2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Great Truck
By WA_Joe on 10/17/08 12:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Excellent truck so far but I have a few nits: In the interior the hard plastic dash could have been better. For example, a rubberized feel like on an Audi - especially on the Limited you would expect better materials. The shift knob is massive. And I wish you could disable the very annoying seatbelt alarm, and auto locking doors when you put the truck in drive. The shift gate makes it annoying putting the truck in reverse, and the sport shift mode is too slow changing gears after you have slapped it back or forward. The leather heated seats are a 10/10 though.

Best truck ever
By Tundra For life on 09/19/08 11:46 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I've put a lot of miles on this truck so far. I am very impressed. No problems at all. Gas mileage is impressive 22 on highway. I towed my 24' trailer 1200 miles and averaged 17 mpg. Sold a 2006 Dodge Hemi. Never own one again 2 transmissions and i engine overhaul. And many rattles. I will stick with a Toyota. Best truck on the road.

Glad we waited for 2007
By Flashy on 09/17/08 15:18 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Our original plan was to get the 2006 because we liked the body size of that Tundra. The reason we decided on the 2007 was the 5.7L engine. We have a 20 foot cabin cruiser and liked the towing capacity of the bigger engine and the fuel economy over the 4.7L. Now that we have had the truck a little while we are getting used to how really big it is! Our dog, who doesn't like traveling at all likes the floor of the back seat with the seats up. We just got a tri-fold bed cover so storing our luggage there will be great. We love the navigation and back-up camera and ability to have bluetooth and MP2 plug. Overall, we love it. Great power and smooth transmission and drives like a car.

2007 Toyota Tundra Limited
By Blue_frogman on 09/08/08 15:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Bought the truck Dec. 16 2007 assembled in Texas. So far have 12000 mi, had no mechanical problems and no strange noises.the truck does bounce some on the freeway when there is nothing in the bed. There is one thing I don't like and it is at the dealers now for, and that is to have the radio replaced. There is static, scratching noise in the AM section of the radio when I hit little bumps on the road or freeway. Otherwise the JBL 440 watt 12 speaker 4 cd radio sounds very cheap.

Good truck
By Bill on 08/26/08 18:06 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

First Toyota. Very quiet ride, handles great plenty of power for a 4.7 lit. engine, gas mileage 16 to17 mpg. Have cap on it, racks with tools inside.

Not bad
By Sean on 07/04/08 15:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Overall I'm happy. Great power. Haul heavy loads all the time and have had no issues with ride. Ride actually gets better as the bed is weighted. Empty bed on rough roads cause entire truck to resonate... this is common in trucks though. Inside plastic; radio and dash material is cheap (planned to get aftermarket nav as it has better features). Bluetooth is actually no good, no one can hear me clearly. JBL subwoofer under rear seat is poorly placed, should have stuck it behind the seat. Center channel on dash makes noise if covered up with paper. Rear head rests obstruct view. No memory seats, rear ac vents or step lights standard on DC Limited? I couldn't get a moonroof on the DC.

Traded in my Lexus for it!
By Chris on 07/04/08 06:53 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Great handling except for a little bed bounce. Have about 8000 miles with no problems what so ever. Stopped burning rubber at stop lights because of gas economy but MAN the power is awesome. Get plenty of looks and compliments. Put new chrome grille and chromed out all exterior parts "It's a head turner!"

Best 1/2 ton Truck on the Market
By Chrisco on 06/20/08 09:03 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

After 6 months of driving this vehicle, I find that it delivers on things like towing and hauling. I guarantee you will not find another truck that has better braking ability and power.

Very weak truck
By kboyfrommd on 06/07/08 23:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have to say this was the worst truck I ever owned. Constant mechanical problems (broken tailgate, transmission issues, engine knock). It was also one of the most uncomfortable trucks to drive any distance. It was rough riding and hard to keep on the road (jittery). I sold it after 6 months and will never own a Toyota again. Stay away.

Worst Vehicle I've Ever Owned
By Tim on 05/27/08 14:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I'm 41 years old and have owned trucks from Dodge, Chevy, GMC, Ford, and now Toyota (I have no brand loyalty). Without a doubt, this is by far the worst vehicle I have ever owned!! I've had so many problems, I'm not sure where to begin. I have owned the truck for 5 months, and it has 9100 miles. That may seem like a lot, but I usually drive about 35k miles a year (so it should have about 17k miles, not 9). Why the low miles? Because, it spends all it's time in the shop. Engine, brakes, paint (2 complete paint jobs on a brand new truck...downright criminal), transmission (on its third), ECM, constant engine codes, dash rattle, rusting bumpers, ignition stuck, bad drive shaft.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.