Used 2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Most Helpful|
Truth about the Tundra
By Tundra 226

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The Tundra has a clear advantage in looks, engine, towing capability, and certainly rear seat room. We have two kids, one a growing teen and most other vehicles don't have near the room in the rear seat. It makes a tremendous difference. You will not find a better engine in my opinion. 99% of the time it is quiet and well mannered until you need it and then you can unleash the incredible power that makes you truly appreciate what Toyota has done. The transmission is excellent as is the 4X4. Fuel economy is 18mpg or better if you try. I don't tow heavy but it is nice having a vehicle capable of it with the big brakes etc. that go with it. I would highly recommend this truck!

Favorite Features

Immense rear seat room, incredible engine, looks, 6 speed transmission, rear window that rolls down completely.

Suggested Improvements

Improved stereo components without the JBL package. Be sure to get the controls on the steering wheel, otherwise they are a bit of a reach.

Hosed . . .
By travisthompson

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Love the style, look and (when it's right) performance of this truck. I work out of state and put tons of miles on my vehicle, as well as drive it off road quite a bit, making 4wd drive a necessity. After returning from a trip, my 4wd locked up in 4 low - I took it to my local Toyota Dealer who informed me that this is a known problem if you drive your 4wd Tundra anywhere it is wet or cold - this was corroborated by several of the other techs at the Toyota dealership. I contacted Toyota and they said that although there is a known problem, it's not covered under the warranty. $2400 later, my 4wd works, but we've learned our lesson. This model just isn't right.

Favorite Features

The looks, the style, how it drives (when it's operating correctly), tons of storage, the reclining back seats

Suggested Improvements

If you make a mistake, own up to it. Toyota didn't, and has lost a loyal customer because of it.

FALLING APART
By ray

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Limited 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The cd never worked it eats cd's, never fixed. Immediately after the warranty went out 2 expensive air pumps went out. Toyota is aware of the problem in these trucks, parts to replace are on back order. We are paying 920.00 a month for a truck we can't drive. They have no idea when parts available. The repairs take an hour and truck has been in shop over a week and no idea when parts will be in. Dealership has no compassion for our problems. We thought we would have a dependable vehicle. We have only had 1 year.

Favorite Features

back up camera

Suggested Improvements

fewer break downs and parts available , especially with known problems

Home Run
By Scott R. Orth

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Limited 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Owned 5 Chevys and 7 Fords. In 2001 I purchased a Chevy Silverado Ext Cab 4wd. Chevy has a decent ride. That is it. In 7 years I have stuck $10,000 over and above the normal maintenance. Their cust. Service is terrible. My wife describes my Tundra's ride as a limousine. Of course it isn't but for a Heavy Duty truck is is a nice ride. I can't wait to install Bridgestone Duelers on it. I have a 3" lift kit on the front and 1" on rear to level it out. Looks great!I highly recommend this truck. Plenty of performance and great braking. My father's averages 2.5 mpg less; however, he drives aggressively ALL the time. I get 15-17 mpg. Get TRD. Not enough space to properly review this fine truck.

Favorite Features

Awesome 12 speaker JBL stereo, especially with a MP3 player. The speakers require over 80 hours to break in. 4wd is great. Other reviews of off base. TRD package is a must.Improves performance and ride. Up/down rear power window is great.Sonar in bumpers is user friendly. I also like the memory seats.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the black dash as it shows dust too easy. Get clear coat protection on bumper and front half of hood to protect from rock chips. Headlights are too bright. Too often oncoming vehicles think I have the brights on. Install a tailgate step.

After 5-years and 86,000 miles pleased with decision
By bg53

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased this truck new in 2007 after comparing it to the other offerings available. The space in the back seat of the CrewMax is what really pushed it ahead of the competition at the time. Overall, I've been pleased with the truck. There were no issues during the first 4 years. This last year had a replace the water pump & rear wheel bearings. Not real happy about this, but these two items tend to fail on pretty much every vehicle out there at some time during its life span. With the cabin space and off-road capabilities, I consider this vehicle the ultimate SUV. Works great for my family.

Favorite Features

Rear seat room; Powerful engine; Highway ride; Turning radius (great for a truck); Sliding rails in truck bed are handy to secure loads. Soft open, locking tailgate is great.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel mileage has been what was expected (13-14 city and 16-17 highway), but could definitely be improved upon. The gas pedal is really touchy, which makes it difficult for a smooth start over a bumpy road.