Used 2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Consumer Reviews - 82 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Very Good Truck
By Kevin

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have had my Crewmax for 2.5 years and 66K. It has been very reliable. Just oil changes and tire rotation. As others have mentioned the body panels and paint are thin and will dent and chip easily. I have used my tundra for towing a 6K to 8K trailer with no issues and taken the family on several vacations. It has really been a do it all vehicle. My fuel mileage after 66k is averaged 16.8 mpg.

5.7 with 6 speed auto.

refine interior components

Aggravated
By John in Houston

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I was a big believer in Toyota quality until my Tundra experience. Auto door locks and remote won't function on the front doors and they tell me it will be $1,250 to fix. Since the key only works on the driver door, this is a big hassle. Why design locks so they are too expensive to fix? The lights on the radio panel haven't worked for most of the time since I've had the truck, so the button lights and channel indicator can't be read while night driving. Transmission replaced once, but then often jerked when putting the car in drive. Dealer tells me they just have this problem and he can't fix it. This is not the reliability and quality I thought I was spending my money on.

Roomy and comfortable. I like the size of the bed.

Need to return to the quality Toyota used to be known for, and stand behind this product. Customer support was not helpful.

105K miles - Best car I ever bought
By kamikani

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I've owned this truck for a little over two years now, and over 100K miles. Aside from a Toyota Celica I had in college, this is the best car/truck I have ever owned. Great reliability, great power, great towing capacity. All I've had done to it is change the oil & rotate the tires every 5K miles and recently, changed the front/rear differential oil. The ribber gaskets around the front doors do come off at the upper corner if you use automatic car washes. That's my only complaint. Fuel mileage is what you would expect for a 5.7L with this much power and torque. I get about 18/Hwy and 16 City.

Power. Storage areas. Rear-seat legroom. Power rear window. Styling.

JBL sound system is over-priced, and just average in quality. It was about a $1K add. Improve the exterior rubber gaskets around the front doors. Automatic car washes make them pull away at the upper corners. Have a factory cargo cover as an option. Headlamp aiming (I get a lot of flashes).

Way to go
By Todd

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Limited 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is the first Toyota I've owned and it's great. I have owned them all. This has been trouble free and I work my trucks hard, I now have 35K on the truck and it's great so far. I lifted the truck since I live in the mountains and the only thing that changed was the mileage, due to height. I would recommend this truck to anyone. The crewmax I really enjoy because I have the back open most of the time.

Power and the ride are great. All the little things in the truck. Radio, storage, 12v plugs. The truck was well thought out.

Maybe faster. :) Really nothing.

Okay, but not good enough
By Hans

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have had this truck for two years. I have had no major problems except excessive uneven wear on the tires which my Orlando dealership did not take seriously. Instrument cluster is hard to read and needs a redesign. Does not pull the boat as well as my Ford Excursion. Next truck will be a F250.

Rear window rolls down.

Align the tires before shipping the vehicle, better instruments, get rid of the cheap plastic interior.