Used 2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Way to go
By Todd

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Limited 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is the first Toyota I've owned and it's great. I have owned them all. This has been trouble free and I work my trucks hard, I now have 35K on the truck and it's great so far. I lifted the truck since I live in the mountains and the only thing that changed was the mileage, due to height. I would recommend this truck to anyone. The crewmax I really enjoy because I have the back open most of the time.

Power and the ride are great. All the little things in the truck. Radio, storage, 12v plugs. The truck was well thought out.

Maybe faster. :) Really nothing.

Okay, but not good enough
By Hans

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have had this truck for two years. I have had no major problems except excessive uneven wear on the tires which my Orlando dealership did not take seriously. Instrument cluster is hard to read and needs a redesign. Does not pull the boat as well as my Ford Excursion. Next truck will be a F250.

Rear window rolls down.

Align the tires before shipping the vehicle, better instruments, get rid of the cheap plastic interior.

Almost a tough off-road truck
By Southern Ranch Truck

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Limited 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Bought this hoping to find a rugged, reliable truck that could handle hardcore ranch work - in 4WD most of the time, pulling trailers, hauling a full bed load, running off-road - and the results have been mixed (but better than my previous Silverado and F-250 and my current Dodge Ram 2500). Can't complain about the HP, torque and towing - best I've owned. Have begun to experience reliability problems - not very Toyota-like. Biggest complaint is that the off-road/4WD features are more for show than for utility. I've replaced skid plat twice, bent the hitch, tow hooks are inconvenient, plastic dam gets in the way. If they'd offer a true tough work truck they'd capture the market.

HP, towing ability, interior styling and room are best of any truck I've owned. Love the cushion-drop tailgate. Workmanship and reliability is also slightly better, but not up to previous Toyota standards. Body metal is OK. They'd do well to consult with offroaders on improvements to toughen-up.

The factory "skid plate" is a joke: slightly thicker than aluminum foil; the other off-road features are marginally better. Also need to beef-up the radiator and transmission cooling system. They really need to upgrade this entire package dramatically - maybe offer a true off-road or ranch edition.

Home Run
By Scott R. Orth

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Limited 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Owned 5 Chevys and 7 Fords. In 2001 I purchased a Chevy Silverado Ext Cab 4wd. Chevy has a decent ride. That is it. In 7 years I have stuck $10,000 over and above the normal maintenance. Their cust. Service is terrible. My wife describes my Tundra's ride as a limousine. Of course it isn't but for a Heavy Duty truck is is a nice ride. I can't wait to install Bridgestone Duelers on it. I have a 3" lift kit on the front and 1" on rear to level it out. Looks great!I highly recommend this truck. Plenty of performance and great braking. My father's averages 2.5 mpg less; however, he drives aggressively ALL the time. I get 15-17 mpg. Get TRD. Not enough space to properly review this fine truck.

Awesome 12 speaker JBL stereo, especially with a MP3 player. The speakers require over 80 hours to break in. 4wd is great. Other reviews of off base. TRD package is a must.Improves performance and ride. Up/down rear power window is great.Sonar in bumpers is user friendly. I also like the memory seats.

Get rid of the black dash as it shows dust too easy. Get clear coat protection on bumper and front half of hood to protect from rock chips. Headlights are too bright. Too often oncoming vehicles think I have the brights on. Install a tailgate step.

FALLING APART
By ray

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Limited 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The cd never worked it eats cd's, never fixed. Immediately after the warranty went out 2 expensive air pumps went out. Toyota is aware of the problem in these trucks, parts to replace are on back order. We are paying 920.00 a month for a truck we can't drive. They have no idea when parts available. The repairs take an hour and truck has been in shop over a week and no idea when parts will be in. Dealership has no compassion for our problems. We thought we would have a dependable vehicle. We have only had 1 year.

back up camera

fewer break downs and parts available , especially with known problems