2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Bad paint
By william knerr on 06/02/08 11:19 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Bought my new 07 Toyota tundra crewmax in june 07. Three weeks after I bought it small paint chips started comeing off it. Toyota said all they would paint the two passenger side doors. I said I didn't think the paint would ever match. Besides it's only three weeks old. They said take it to your dealership. See what they can do for you. When I did that I noticed pen size chips coming off the driver's side. So now its the whole truck. By now a month has passed the people in California customer service center said your thirty days are up there's nothing more we can do for you. It's yours now.

Great Design executed horribly
By Former Toyota fan on 05/04/08 11:29 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Iíve had my crew cab for less than a year now and itís junk. I have had three major failures (A/C condenser failure, radio failure and wiper transmission failure) and numerous other problems in the first year. Every time something fails it involves two trips to the dealer. The first to find the problem and then the second a week later once they get parts in. I work too far from the dealer for them to shuttle me to work and Iíve been in so many time that they wonít give me a loaner unless they keep the truck over night so every trip to the dealer means at least a half day off from work (one full day per problem for the two trips). I'm still waiting on parts to fix the AC and radio.

Best truck I have ever had
By Jon Phillips on 04/26/08 06:30 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Limited 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is my first Toyota, first ever vehicle that was not Ford, Chevy, or Dodge. I bought mine used and have been amazed daily at how really good this truck is. 20 and sometimes more MPG on the highway. 14 to 16 running around town on errands but most of my use requires highway driving. I bought this truck as a grand experiment because I needed a vehicle that could do long mileage and not fail me when I needed it. So far, so good. This is the most comfortable truck I have ever used.

Wonder if engine will hold up.
By Worried on 04/20/08 09:10 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The 2007 Toyota Tundra is a nice truck, but I have a few complaints: the engine sounds like a diesel until it warms up, the ride is jarring, and it is hard to see when backing up. Toyota seems to use a lot of cheap plastic material; some have started to discolor already. When I ask the dealership for help on issues that seem to be abnormal it all ends up being normal; like the clattering engine, the vibration in the steering wheel and cupping tires, and transmission down shifting.

Awful ride
By randy on 04/01/08 16:34 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Limited 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this powerful half ton thinking it would run like my 9 year old tacoma. The ride is simply awful. I as well as my passengers are literally bouncing off our seats being held in by our seat belts. I don't dare have my new born in the truck as a passenger. After waiting a year for a promised fix from Toyota for the rough ride I could wait no longer and traded it in for a GMC Sierra. Lost a bit of power but man is the ride better. Problems during my 9 months of ownership: the rubber sealant around the windows were replaced. The driver's side mirror was replaced. The torque convertor was replaced. The transmission was being looked at due to hesitation-vibration.

Awesome
By Kamen Dimitrov on 03/27/08 05:04 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I live in Bulgaria and my father and I have been looking for some months to import an American style truck. Obviously we were focused on the Ford F-150 and the Chevy Silverado and Avalanche, when one day we saw a Tundra CrewMax sitting in a used car dealership in Bulgaria. It had 500 miles on it. Well, that has become our truck in Bulgaria. It is huge, and in Bulgaria it look particularly huge. The 5.7 V8 has awesome power and makes it fun to drive. Also, we went to the mountain with it - there isn't an obstacle for the Tundra.

Love the Tundra - Texas Female
By Love my Tundra on 03/20/08 02:46 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I love this truck. I can have a stressful day at work and when I get in my truck it's all left behind. I wish I lived farther from work so I could drive it more. First vehicle I've owned over 6 months and still love it. I still love walking out to a parking lot and knowing I'm headed towards the best looking truck in the lot. It's just fun to drive. Getting on freeways is fun with the power of this truck. Watch your speed in this truck. It's so smooth I often catch myself speeding.

Not impressed!
By Milesy on 02/29/08 17:24 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Limited 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Nice h.p. and lrg. brakes,and love the look, but terrible mpg (11). Useless in four wheel drive in deep snow and mud with the limited slip rear end.You need, and should be able to have, all four tires digging at the same time. And why would you go from a sturdy 6 bolt hub, down to a 5 bolt. The VSC system, and transmission command system doesn't work correctly in cold climates, such as where I live in Maine.

Excellence
By tony on 01/17/08 19:38 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Toyota blew away the competition with this one! In every aspect they have been innovative and held nothing back. Tows like a dream, accelerates and stops better than any other half ton and handles great on/off road. The crewmax is the way to go for cruising comfort.

Crew Max
By J. Koz on 01/17/08 07:35 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Great truck, owned two GMC trucks prior. This one takes it all. The interior is huge. There is room for everyone. For a 381 HP truck, the gas mileage is good. Compared to the GMC, which is 305 HP you lose about 1 mpg. Well worth it. It can tow a a lot more and has better features all the way around. This truck will take over the market.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.