Used 2007 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Tundra

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Great Truck!
By houcontrol

2007 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I love my new Tundra, so far. My only complaint is the gas mileage had been about 3.5 mpg less than the posted EPA estimates but that's not unusual. My (sometimes) lead foot may have something to do with it.

Favorite Features

Big crewmax back seat, interior and exterior styling.

Suggested Improvements

Upgraded stereo in Limited doesn't have RDS feature to display radio station data such as current song title and artist. Come on, Toyota, my old '98 Explorer had that!

2007 Toyota Tundra
By Handier

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Tundra replaced a 1999 Suburban that was my work truck but just had too many reliability issues. The Tundra offered a configuration plus Toyota's reputation for reliability and durability. The Suburban was a great design and even as a work vehicle it was tough but just too many of the components died an early death. The Tundra is roomy, quite, powerful and came with a kicking stereo even though it is not a priority for me as this is a work truck. I've put about 1100 miles so far and the ride, though choppy on concrete segmented roads, has smoothed out and of course, is much better with a load in the bed.

Favorite Features

Drive train, roomy cab actually can seat adults even on a trip.

Suggested Improvements

The ride I think could use some tweaking. Not only can it be choppy but also it sometimes feels like the bed is jerking at the cab. This is the long bed double cab 2wd. Gauges are hard to read. Tail gate latch has problems and needed to be fixed due to a flimsy plastic clip aligner.

Not what I expected
By Trucker72

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Well I've owned them all. I own a construction company and needed a truck that has a high towing capacity and horsepower rating. I've put 21,500 miles on the 5.7L and has not proved to be what I expected. I am very hard on trucks but am adamant about service every 3k miles, and fuel filter every 12k. At 6800 miles the valve train started making noise so I took it in to discover my truck had leaked over a quart of oil in a 4 month period. My engine was totally overhauled. I was hauling a 9k trailer up the grapevine and my tranny overheated and would not shift.. had to wait till it cooled down.. weak.. Now brakes are shuddering. Toyota and quality don't go together anymore. Will be my last.

Favorite Features

Horsepower, bold styling.

Suggested Improvements

Quality, reliability.

First Truck Owned - Love It
By Glenn

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

A day after I bought my Tundra, I loaded up the family for a 800 mile road trip. The truck handled beautifully and made the miles appear to go quicker than actual.

Favorite Features

The power rear window and many outlets for plugging in the cell chargers and dvd players is an excellent feature. The power seat and fully adjustable steering wheel makes finding the right position easy.

Suggested Improvements

A big annoyance here: the window lock button locks not only the back window, but the passenger window too (my wife does NOT like this feature).

2007 Tundra Crew Max
By Mike

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased this truck to pull a 30 ft 7K lb trl. It does it like a dream. It will out pull my buddies Excursion with a 6.0 diesel, a 2500 dodge with a cummins and a 5.3 chevy pick up. All with shorter and lighter trailers. Here in PA we have quite a few big hills and it handles both sides great. The fuel economy is a little stiff. If the fuel tank were larger this could help out. Too many stops along a trip. I used to have a 96 suburban with a 6.5 turbo diesel. the only thing that was better on it than the new tundra is the size of the fuel tank (40 gal vrs 24.6), I was able to go 5-8 hours of towing with one tank. The new tundra needs to stop every 3-4 hours.

Favorite Features

The engine brake system, along with the engine power. 385 hp with 401 ft lbs of torque. This thing pulls.

Suggested Improvements

Larger fuel tank. Longer bed (10-12). It would also be nice to see what gear the transmission is in when in "D"., like you can when shifting manually. One button to power all windows up and down (including the rear full lowering). One button instead of five. A lights on warning buzzer.