Used 2007 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Give me my 2005 Tundra back!
By hvacrsteve

2007 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Overall the Tundra is Okay, they have fianlly matched the big 3 in terms of lower quality, this is my 4th Tundra and the worst one thus far. I have a steering wheel vibration that I have been to the dealer 5 times now and it is still not repaired. The paint is very frail,I have to say that Ford is light years ahead on Paint quality! I own 40 Trucks so I know! The interior paint on the dash is poor quality as well, have many scratches already! The plastic dash cluster is also very cheaply made! The leather seats are fairly nice. the ride quality is fair except for the constant vibrating of the steering wheel. It makes your hands numb on a longer trip! The sheet metal panels-thin!

Power of the engine!

Better paint! Repair the vibrating steering wheels! Repair the Bed bounce! Improve the sheet metal thickness! Improve the ride quality!

Great Truck!
By houcontrol

2007 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I love my new Tundra, so far. My only complaint is the gas mileage had been about 3.5 mpg less than the posted EPA estimates but that's not unusual. My (sometimes) lead foot may have something to do with it.

Big crewmax back seat, interior and exterior styling.

Upgraded stereo in Limited doesn't have RDS feature to display radio station data such as current song title and artist. Come on, Toyota, my old '98 Explorer had that!

2007 Toyota Tundra
By Handier

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Tundra replaced a 1999 Suburban that was my work truck but just had too many reliability issues. The Tundra offered a configuration plus Toyota's reputation for reliability and durability. The Suburban was a great design and even as a work vehicle it was tough but just too many of the components died an early death. The Tundra is roomy, quite, powerful and came with a kicking stereo even though it is not a priority for me as this is a work truck. I've put about 1100 miles so far and the ride, though choppy on concrete segmented roads, has smoothed out and of course, is much better with a load in the bed.

Drive train, roomy cab actually can seat adults even on a trip.

The ride I think could use some tweaking. Not only can it be choppy but also it sometimes feels like the bed is jerking at the cab. This is the long bed double cab 2wd. Gauges are hard to read. Tail gate latch has problems and needed to be fixed due to a flimsy plastic clip aligner.

Not what I expected
By Trucker72

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Well I've owned them all. I own a construction company and needed a truck that has a high towing capacity and horsepower rating. I've put 21,500 miles on the 5.7L and has not proved to be what I expected. I am very hard on trucks but am adamant about service every 3k miles, and fuel filter every 12k. At 6800 miles the valve train started making noise so I took it in to discover my truck had leaked over a quart of oil in a 4 month period. My engine was totally overhauled. I was hauling a 9k trailer up the grapevine and my tranny overheated and would not shift.. had to wait till it cooled down.. weak.. Now brakes are shuddering. Toyota and quality don't go together anymore. Will be my last.

Horsepower, bold styling.

Quality, reliability.

First Truck Owned - Love It
By Glenn

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

A day after I bought my Tundra, I loaded up the family for a 800 mile road trip. The truck handled beautifully and made the miles appear to go quicker than actual.

The power rear window and many outlets for plugging in the cell chargers and dvd players is an excellent feature. The power seat and fully adjustable steering wheel makes finding the right position easy.

A big annoyance here: the window lock button locks not only the back window, but the passenger window too (my wife does NOT like this feature).