Used 2007 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Tundra

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Great vehicle
By pier

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I love high quality cars. My Toyota Tundra is a high quality pickup truck. I'm very impressed about the power of this engine, as well as my driving experience, it is so smooth and comfortable. I owned a Ford F-150 before this one, but the Toyota is very far ahead in technology. I'm not tired anymore when I drive back from work. Driving with this truck is fun became my passion.

Favorite Features

Engine.

Suggested Improvements

The improvement of fuel economy would be great.

2007 Tundra, Double Cab 4.7L V8
By Colorado Driver

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I test drove both the 5.7 V8 and the 4.7L V8 and decided on the 4.7L because I didn't need the towing capacity and wanted a truck that had more options for the price (instead of the the bigger engine). The 270hp/313lb-ft 4.7L is more than adequate for my commute and the occasional tow. Coupled with the 5 speed it is surprisingly nimble in traffic (I must compliment the 5.7L V8 though - the test drive ALMOST had it sold. That truck moves effortlessly.) The truck bed is huge and it's difficult to reach over the side to get anything (I'm 5'11"). The ride is comfortable, but the interior isn't as nice as the Silverado (as expected). Overall it's great - no buyer's remorse here!

Favorite Features

Auto stability control (which does work - I've used it!), 4 wheel disc brakes, 6 disc CD changer, JBL sound system with bluetooth for cell phones, tough looks, head turning styling, nimbleness for a full size truck.

Suggested Improvements

The back seat in the double cab is spacious, but some small layout changes would make it "feel" bigger. I wouldn't want to be back there on a 6+ hr trip.

Awesome truck
By Alan

2007 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is my second Tundra and it is by far the best truck on the planet! Great job Toyota!

Favorite Features

Exterior design, interior comfort, reliability, fun to drive and most important the horsepower!!

Suggested Improvements

The radio control is a little far away, and give the passenger seat as many adjustments as the driver's power seat.

Best Heavy 1/2 ton ever!
By john

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

If you wanna turn heads with the truck's sharp looks and impress passengers with its raw power, buy a tundra withthe 5.7L V8. This truck has ridiculous power but should really have a Lexus badge on it because the ride quality is second to none.

Favorite Features

381 HP, 6 speed transmission, very roomy, comfortable for the whole family to fit in. I love how the rear seats fold up, perfect for transporting a dog if you don't want hair all over everything!

Suggested Improvements

Make the power seat available on the 40/20/40 front bench seat, at least for the driver's side, also, make a bedliner and chrome exhaust tip standard.

Give me my 2005 Tundra back!
By hvacrsteve

2007 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Overall the Tundra is Okay, they have fianlly matched the big 3 in terms of lower quality, this is my 4th Tundra and the worst one thus far. I have a steering wheel vibration that I have been to the dealer 5 times now and it is still not repaired. The paint is very frail,I have to say that Ford is light years ahead on Paint quality! I own 40 Trucks so I know! The interior paint on the dash is poor quality as well, have many scratches already! The plastic dash cluster is also very cheaply made! The leather seats are fairly nice. the ride quality is fair except for the constant vibrating of the steering wheel. It makes your hands numb on a longer trip! The sheet metal panels-thin!

Favorite Features

Power of the engine!

Suggested Improvements

Better paint! Repair the vibrating steering wheels! Repair the Bed bounce! Improve the sheet metal thickness! Improve the ride quality!