Used 2007 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Simply The Best Truck
By T Con

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Ater doing the SUV thing we decided to look at a four door truck. After researching the other manufacturers, we decided to go with the Toyota. The 5.7 liter engine is amazingly powerful. We got the SR5 Crewmax X-SP package which gives you a lot of extras for the price of the truck. The interior comfort is amazing, I am 6'3 and have more than enough room in the front or rear of this truck. My wife loves this truck more than I do for the comfort and awesome looks that it has. Toyota gives you what you want with the Tundra, power, performance, comfort and reliability. If you don't get caught up with the power of the 5.7 you can get 20 mpg while driving. If you drive it you will buy it.

We like it all. Well done.

Locking gas filler door.

Just as I expected
By achaux

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

So far I'm extremely happy. Just wish they made the v8 with a manual transmission. That is my only complaint. Ride, mileage, initial quality all exceed my last truck.

Engine! Styling and initial quality are exceptional.

Manual transmission. Yes, I know I'm old fashioned with this request, but I live high in the Rocky Mountains, and nothing beats a manual. Sequential shifting is nice, but just not the same.

Very Nice
By John Quintana

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is my second Toyota truck, the first one was a 1992 4wd delux extended cab pickup. Yes it drives like a truck, but guess what... it's a truck. Great sound system, runs sooo smooth, and sounds awsome (TRD package). The power in the 5.7 V-8 is incredible! I took it the second week I owned it; it did just fine! I am happy with the purchase!

Favorite feature would have to be the sliding rear window - what a cool idea!

Great Truck
By David Moody

2007 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is our 1st full size truck and we could not be happier. It is as much a pleasure to drive as our Avalon.

The powerful engine. Great looks. Comfort and roominess.

Nothing comes to mind.

A league of its own
By Tom B

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I paper-compared all 5 full-size mfgs and narrowed down to Chevy and Toyota. Toyota still was the no-brainer. Why buy a 16 valve, push rod V8 with 315 HP when you can have 32 valves amd 381 HP. Also, rear disc brakes, 6 speed tranny and an interior big enough for hide-and-seek. The SR5 package, to me, rides like a Lexus. The 6 speed tranny is almost anticlimactic as it is so smooth: it feels like a 1 speed. This truck will turn tighter than my 1992 x- cab Tundra. Fuel mileage is dead-on 18 mpg as rated, however, I drive 28 mi of a 30 mile commute on the interstate. Even with the 4.30 rear diff. gears this truck turns only 1900 rpm at 70 mph.

Smooth engine, tons of "giddy-up", handsome black interior, steering wheel radio and bluetooth controls, tons of storage bins/cupholders, excellent towing stability, excellent 4WD performance, quiet cabin at any speed, smooth tranny, looks, hydraulic tailgate, seats, interior room, stopping power.

R. window control on arm rest with other wind. controls - used more than the other 4 combined. R. view mirror is WAY too small. Premium radio is only above average. But all this better than eng., brakes and trans. problems plaguing other mfg's. BTW - no gauge issues, maybe 6'3" height helps

• SUV