Used 2007 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Best Option I found
By Nancy

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is my first truck, having owned SUVs, but I talked with a lot of folks before going with the Tundra. Ride is excellent, fuel econmy great for its size (getting 19-20 hwy) - not an in town kind of truck though. Drives, handles and brakes well. Massive amount of room. Love the tow mirrors. Could use better back up lights, sonar should be standard in trucks this size. I still wish someone would market a small truck that would blow away the big boys on the highway in mpg. For now, there is no gain in going smaller if you want 4WD so why not get a big truck that can carry more (if you need a truck).

Room. Fuel economy for class. Safety features. Handling. Brakes. Power. Maneuverability.

Better operating manual for transmission features (VSC, TC, 4Hi, 4Lo Standard Sonar, backup cam, LineX. Better TRD tires than the ones that come with it. Better skid plate, Better grille protection,

The Best Truck
By outback

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Had this truck for two weeks. Love it, when I get to drive it. This is our only, family vehicle. Plan on using it to pull travel trailer, as well as a every day car. Everyone looks when we go by. Only have 300 miles, ready to go on a road trip to test it out.

Everything about this truck. Just love to drive it. Aswome power. Like the tow mirrors also.

My bigest complaint. Put auto lights on it. What a $30 part, on a $35000. truck. Make electric seats standard on both sides in the front.

So Far - So Good
By CRSII

2007 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Purchased the 4WD EC Limited TRD 1 week ago. Only +/- 120 miles but so far very impressed. Researched all comparable trucks for 6 months before making purchase. Engine is a beast! Not as impressed with the 6 speed tranny as I expected. The 5 speed in our '05 Sequoia is smoother. However, truck is brand new so I may be overly sensitive given some reports of tranny issues I have read. Ride is a bit choppy with the TRD package but I think it will soften over time and the price ($105) with the Limited makes it a no-brainer. Topped off after 1st 1/2 tank of gas and calculated at 12.4 MPG with all driving in town.

5.7 motor of course, easy up/down tailgate.

Limited should have auto up/down windows on driver and passenger. Our '05 Sequoia has this feature and it's an SR5?

Fun to Drive but somehow lacking
By Tundra_Girl

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I love this truck. I bought this truck in April and I drive it to work and trips and where ever I like to go. I love the look of the truck, I love driving the truck and I definitely feel safe in it, and confident that it won't break down. The interior however is so blahzo. I initially wanted a Ford F150, but the one I wanted with similar options was almost five thousand dollars more than the Toyota. The interior in the Ford felt more solid. I wish I would have gotten navigation and a moon roof. Other than that I would recommend this truck to anyone.

I love the look of this truck! I also love that I can fit my dad (6'2", 350 pounds) in the back seat! I also love that the back window rolls all the way down and I can plug my iPod right now into the stereo!

Make the interior interesting! Make it feel a little more luxurious.

very Good
By bo

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Very good handling, nice ride on rough road and in cornering.

Big open door.