2007 Tundra Crew Max
By Mike on
2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)
I purchased this truck to pull a 30 ft 7K lb trl. It does it like a dream. It will out pull my buddies Excursion with a 6.0 diesel, a 2500 dodge with a cummins and a 5.3 chevy pick up. All with shorter and lighter trailers. Here in PA we have quite a few big hills and it handles both sides great. The fuel economy is a little stiff. If the fuel tank were larger this could help out. Too many stops along a trip. I used to have a 96 suburban with a 6.5 turbo diesel. the only thing that was better on it than the new tundra is the size of the fuel tank (40 gal vrs 24.6), I was able to go 5-8 hours of towing with one tank. The new tundra needs to stop every 3-4 hours.
Favorite Features
The engine brake system, along with the engine power. 385 hp with 401 ft lbs of torque. This thing pulls.
Suggested Improvements
Larger fuel tank. Longer bed (10-12). It would also be nice to see what gear the transmission is in when in "D"., like you can when shifting manually. One button to power all windows up and down (including the rear full lowering). One button instead of five. A lights on warning buzzer.