2007 Tundra, Double Cab 4.7L V8
By Colorado Driver on
2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)
I test drove both the 5.7 V8 and the 4.7L V8 and decided on the 4.7L because I didn't need the towing capacity and wanted a truck that had more options for the price (instead of the the bigger engine). The 270hp/313lb-ft 4.7L is more than adequate for my commute and the occasional tow. Coupled with the 5 speed it is surprisingly nimble in traffic (I must compliment the 5.7L V8 though - the test drive ALMOST had it sold. That truck moves effortlessly.) The truck bed is huge and it's difficult to reach over the side to get anything (I'm 5'11"). The ride is comfortable, but the interior isn't as nice as the Silverado (as expected). Overall it's great - no buyer's remorse here!
Favorite Features
Auto stability control (which does work - I've used it!), 4 wheel disc brakes, 6 disc CD changer, JBL sound system with bluetooth for cell phones, tough looks, head turning styling, nimbleness for a full size truck.
Suggested Improvements
The back seat in the double cab is spacious, but some small layout changes would make it "feel" bigger. I wouldn't want to be back there on a 6+ hr trip.