2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Way to go
By Todd on 09/22/09 06:58 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Limited 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is the first Toyota I've owned and it's great. I have owned them all. This has been trouble free and I work my trucks hard, I now have 35K on the truck and it's great so far. I lifted the truck since I live in the mountains and the only thing that changed was the mileage, due to height. I would recommend this truck to anyone. The crewmax I really enjoy because I have the back open most of the time.

Okay, but not good enough
By Hans on 09/06/09 06:55 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have had this truck for two years. I have had no major problems except excessive uneven wear on the tires which my Orlando dealership did not take seriously. Instrument cluster is hard to read and needs a redesign. Does not pull the boat as well as my Ford Excursion. Next truck will be a F250.

Almost a tough off-road truck
By Southern Ranch Truck on 04/12/09 14:35 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Limited 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Bought this hoping to find a rugged, reliable truck that could handle hardcore ranch work - in 4WD most of the time, pulling trailers, hauling a full bed load, running off-road - and the results have been mixed (but better than my previous Silverado and F-250 and my current Dodge Ram 2500). Can't complain about the HP, torque and towing - best I've owned. Have begun to experience reliability problems - not very Toyota-like. Biggest complaint is that the off-road/4WD features are more for show than for utility. I've replaced skid plat twice, bent the hitch, tow hooks are inconvenient, plastic dam gets in the way. If they'd offer a true tough work truck they'd capture the market.

Home Run
By Scott R. Orth on 03/08/09 14:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Limited 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Owned 5 Chevys and 7 Fords. In 2001 I purchased a Chevy Silverado Ext Cab 4wd. Chevy has a decent ride. That is it. In 7 years I have stuck $10,000 over and above the normal maintenance. Their cust. Service is terrible. My wife describes my Tundra's ride as a limousine. Of course it isn't but for a Heavy Duty truck is is a nice ride. I can't wait to install Bridgestone Duelers on it. I have a 3" lift kit on the front and 1" on rear to level it out. Looks great!I highly recommend this truck. Plenty of performance and great braking. My father's averages 2.5 mpg less; however, he drives aggressively ALL the time. I get 15-17 mpg. Get TRD. Not enough space to properly review this fine truck.

FALLING APART
By ray on 02/28/09 09:57 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Limited 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The cd never worked it eats cd's, never fixed. Immediately after the warranty went out 2 expensive air pumps went out. Toyota is aware of the problem in these trucks, parts to replace are on back order. We are paying 920.00 a month for a truck we can't drive. They have no idea when parts available. The repairs take an hour and truck has been in shop over a week and no idea when parts will be in. Dealership has no compassion for our problems. We thought we would have a dependable vehicle. We have only had 1 year.

Pleasantly Surprised
By Tom on 01/23/09 04:05 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Limited 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

My wife and I had been shopping for a truck for quite some time. We do a lot of weekend projects renovating houses and needed a vehicle that could support our growing family on trips to home depot and family vacations. My mind was set on the Chevrolet Silverado but my wife had looked at the Tundra and insisted that I take it for a test drive. Being a good husband I promptly did so, and was blown away. The amount of space in the truck is amazing. Others have talked about bed bounce but I have yet to encounter it and I have taken several long road trips in the truck. My only problem so far is when I first purchased the truck I had a defect in one of the tires. Dealer service was horrible.

Expected so much more
By Chris on 11/27/08 17:01 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have had this truck for a year and a half now and it's falling apart. None of the lights work inside, I can not turn up or down the volume on the radio, the steering has gotten so loose and I could swear the tie rods are broke. I had high hopes for this truck but no go.

6 Months Later.. Still Love It!!
By FordInAToyota on 10/25/08 09:20 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

It's been 6 months since we purchased our '07 in April '08. And we have no regrets. We don't haul anything big like trailers, but we do a lot of activities like paddling, fishing, diving, surfing and wanted something that was nice, reliable and could go anywhere. The truck is thirsty and living on Maui with no freeways probably doesn't help fuel consumption. However we did choose the Bigger V8 for fun and not fuel consumption. Taken the 4x4 TRD off road and I have not had to put it into 4 LOW. Truck is too wide to get into areas that most jeeps can get too. I've put 10,000 miles in 6 months and changed the oil twice. No problems to report of. A good buy. Gets a lot of oohs/ahs.

Don't Buy!!!
By CFowl on 10/10/08 14:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Limited 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

My wife and I purchased this vehicle less than a year ago to be our primary vehicle. We've regretted buying it every day since! Toyota won't tell you there's a very real "bed-bounce" problem on many freeways (particularly Southern California) and the fuel economy isn't nearly as good as they claim. The truck hesitates at times, too, when you try to accelerate (because of towing differential) from a stop. It's not a $40,000 luxury car. It's a very nice "work" truck, but do not buy this truck if you want a comfortable drive on most concrete freeways! If you drive with infants or children, do not endanger them by putting them in this truck!!

Love this truck
By chris on 07/27/08 15:56 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I traded in a F-250 PS LB 4x4 and love this truck so much more. There is plenty of room in the cab for my children however I wish the bed and fuel tank were a bit larger.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.