Used 2007 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Tundra

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

So far Reliable but could be greatly improved...
By trichopsis

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

76K miles. Impressive power, smooth tranny, deep gearing helps pull heavy loads with ease, suspension is supple. With a double cab and full bed, it does flex more than I'd like it too. However, it is well mannered, predictable and quiet. I had to buy different bushings for the cab to stop the dreaded "bed bounce" issue. Mine was unbearable before. Interior-other than the stereo being hard to reach from where i sit, some of the plastics are kind of cheap feeling. If driven at 65 it will do what it states. I average 16.4 with 90% freeway in So Cal (pretty flat). 70-75 mph. Also, it says it has a 26 gallon tank - but I've never filled more than 21...

Favorite Features

-BMW style Orange dashlight, easy on eyes. -Drivetrain - Is the BOMB. Gearing is great, brakes are great, turning radius good. -very quiet for a truck -Tow package has both pins so you don't need to buy different harnesses. -Mileage isn't too horrible considering displacement and output.

Suggested Improvements

a telescoping steering wheel would definitely assist driving position. Fully BOX the frame dang it! Stupid Toyota Limited Slip Diff....NEED LOCKER --> GM, ahem... Make a DIESEL please. Accelerator Pedal (post recall) TOO SENSITIVE. Do not like Sealed Transmission - I like to check it once in a while.

Should have stayed with my Tacoma
By sshifflett

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

My Tundra has been nice, interior is very light colored and shows any dirt. I am experiencing some transmission problems with 4wd high and low, multiple service and dash lights on and issues with reverse lights on while driving fwd. Already had more than one trip to the dealership regarding 4wd issues. The stereo issues happen only in the spring when the temp in the cab goes up and down a lot in one day.

Favorite Features

Sunroof, large back seat, rear sliding window and hwy driving.

Suggested Improvements

Stereo and other electronic issues. 4wd high and low problem needs to be dealt with by Toyota.

Hosed . . .
By travisthompson

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Love the style, look and (when it's right) performance of this truck. I work out of state and put tons of miles on my vehicle, as well as drive it off road quite a bit, making 4wd drive a necessity. After returning from a trip, my 4wd locked up in 4 low - I took it to my local Toyota Dealer who informed me that this is a known problem if you drive your 4wd Tundra anywhere it is wet or cold - this was corroborated by several of the other techs at the Toyota dealership. I contacted Toyota and they said that although there is a known problem, it's not covered under the warranty. $2400 later, my 4wd works, but we've learned our lesson. This model just isn't right.

Favorite Features

The looks, the style, how it drives (when it's operating correctly), tons of storage, the reclining back seats

Suggested Improvements

If you make a mistake, own up to it. Toyota didn't, and has lost a loyal customer because of it.

Great truck for a horse farm
By Norman

2007 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

We could not be happier with this truck. Used to haul a 2 horse trailer, an equipment trailer, and to generally carry heavy or bulky stuff around on our small horse farm. Have driven in very hot weather, in deep snow, in heavy rain, and have had no problems at all. Do put on studded snow tires in the winter. Factory tires get great gas mileage but wear quickly. Only complaint is the Toyota standard navigation system, which I find very difficult to use. My other vehicles have Garmin nav, which is far better and a lot less money.

Favorite Features

Towing ability in all kinds of conditions and with all kinds of loads (live loads, high center of gravity, long trailers, etc.)

Suggested Improvements

Toyota standard navigation system (on all of their vehicles) is very confusing and difficult to use for everyone in my family. I have an engineering background. I recommend you do not get the factory Nav and use a Garmin instead.

Had Better
By Mike

2007 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is now my fourth Toyota truck I have owned, and the first three were amazing having put on 450000 kms, and not needing anything except for regular maintenance. I have to say as much as I love the detail, and style, I am not impressed. I had an issue loading my ATV into the back, causing the tailgate to deform, I had to research that issue and found there had been a service recall, however the Service manager at the dealership took some persuading even to look it up, however in the end it was fixed at no cost. Secondly, the rubber rain track on the roof had to be reinstalled once under warranty during a car wash, however within a year it had blown out while driving down the highway.

Favorite Features

Styling, Design, performance, still an excellent truck, just not as good as it was

Suggested Improvements

Their customer service, and satisfaction is down the gutter, right from the dealership right up to head office