2007 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews 2

2007 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Best buy for the buck
By My Tundra on 09/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Almost bought another truck but gave the Tundra the once over. Spent more then planed, but after considering all others, there was no real choice. If your going to spend your hard earned buck, the Tundra beats others in many ways. MPG is great as I get 19.2 with mine, I only got 22.1 with my 4 cyl. The draw back is that my wife now wants to drive it all the time annd wants me to drive the van. Yuk!

Disappointed w/ Business Practice
By jon on 08/21/10 21:23 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

After 5 trips to Toyota service they made the throttle issue more dangerous with a feather light gas pedal. Resistance on the gas pedal was scary lite. If you have a recall make the dealership prove they won't mess it up and take what's yours. Lakeland Toyota offered insults, excuses blaming Toyota. Paid premium for upgraded floor mats, had dealership steal from my vehicle "at direction of Toyota". Dealership took my upgraded floor mats which retained snow and mud in return they gave me the cheap, poor quality mats. Dealership blamed Toyota took no responsibility, thieves. Very disappointed in both dealership and Toyota customer relations. Wouldn't recommend either.

Might not buy a tundra again
By jamie johnson on 07/23/10 16:18 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Our Tundra is fun to drive and we seem to be getting better gas mileage than most others. We average 18-19 on the road and 16-17 in town. The factory tires are junk, as they needed replaced at 30,000 even though the air pressure was always monitored and the tires were rotated every 6,000 miles. Ours has buckets seats and both needed replaced due to rattles and squeaks. Just yesterday, the radio went crazy. There is no volume control, it only plays at maximum volumn so can't be used, all the presets quit working, etc. The dealer said this happens fairly often. The radio just shorts out and they will replace it. Wondering if this truck will turn into a spendy lemon when out of warranty.

CO owned Tundra
By CO owned on 06/06/10 13:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The truck has been flawless as far as repairs. I have 25k miles with the 5.7 and avg 16 mpg. I have it in the shop though being upgraded for pulling. It has the power but the 8000 lbs tongue 29' trailer throws it around. The plan is with helper springs it will stop. Overall I am very happy, just cross wind has been a problem. I am also needing new tires as the factory tires are already bold.

2007 tundra
By Bill on 05/13/10 17:56 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

85,000 miles. No problems. Fun and powerful to drive. Have trd package, w/limited slip and towing package. Live in Arizona and drive it hard in hot and dusty places. 100% satisfied.

Poor Quality
By t1 on 04/24/10 17:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

One was led to believe that toyota was higher quality, but since the start nothing but problems and at 82,000 miles fuel injectors problems on 5.7L engine. Major repair over $ 3,600. Never had a truck with this major repair with less that 100,000 miles. Not built to stand up to heavy duty use.

BUY ONE!
By Awesome Truck! on 03/15/10 14:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Just another honest opinion. Bought the Crewmax when they first came out. Compared with my other vehicles, I couldn't be happier. I won't mention the brands but they have all been in and out of dealership for repairs. This truck has been the most reliable vehicle I have owned. However, as with all vehicles there has to be a problem. The front diff. Needs repairing. Makes a "woo. Woo" noise once and a while. But Toyota will replace it. Unlike other brands who claim you are hearing things. Tons of power, tons of room, not bad on fuel (87 octane), and will spank a ext. Cab hemi with the supposed 390 hp. (ask my brother ; ) ). Stereo is good not great.

Why did i wait?
By foothills on 03/14/10 08:49 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The 5.7 motor in this truck is years ahead of the others. It is smooth, quiet and the power is unreal. I am getting 14 mpg, and don;t care because it is so much fun to drive. The truck has the TRD dual exhausts and sounds great when you get on it. The limited slip diff is great for gravel roads and snow. I do not use this as work truck, just weekend warrior stuff and commuting. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a fun and practical vehicle.

So Far So Good
By Leo on 03/10/10 21:33 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tundra 2dr Regular Cab LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Owned 1992 Toyota Truck. Problem free for the years driven. Man what quality and that 22R engine lasts forever. July 2007 purchased Tundra as work vehicle. The ride is nice but quality not the same. Paint job has thin spots on driver side that looks like they buffed out to hide. Left rear tail light cracked and leaking. Dash rattles. I'd hope for something more "Toyota". Wish I'd held on to '92 for back up. Drive by wire is new to me. Engine revs up at predictable times I've noticed. Coming off freeway ramp doesn't decelerate quickly as does cable throttle throttle. No "sticking" pedal problem. Other noted quirks ie blind spots. Install tail gate step. Plan to replace with F150.

Truth about the Tundra
By Tundra 226 on 02/14/10 07:55 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The Tundra has a clear advantage in looks, engine, towing capability, and certainly rear seat room. We have two kids, one a growing teen and most other vehicles don't have near the room in the rear seat. It makes a tremendous difference. You will not find a better engine in my opinion. 99% of the time it is quiet and well mannered until you need it and then you can unleash the incredible power that makes you truly appreciate what Toyota has done. The transmission is excellent as is the 4X4. Fuel economy is 18mpg or better if you try. I don't tow heavy but it is nice having a vehicle capable of it with the big brakes etc. that go with it. I would highly recommend this truck!