Used 2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Best Heavy 1/2 ton ever!
By john

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

If you wanna turn heads with the truck's sharp looks and impress passengers with its raw power, buy a tundra withthe 5.7L V8. This truck has ridiculous power but should really have a Lexus badge on it because the ride quality is second to none.

381 HP, 6 speed transmission, very roomy, comfortable for the whole family to fit in. I love how the rear seats fold up, perfect for transporting a dog if you don't want hair all over everything!

Make the power seat available on the 40/20/40 front bench seat, at least for the driver's side, also, make a bedliner and chrome exhaust tip standard.

Give me my 2005 Tundra back!
By hvacrsteve

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Overall the Tundra is Okay, they have fianlly matched the big 3 in terms of lower quality, this is my 4th Tundra and the worst one thus far. I have a steering wheel vibration that I have been to the dealer 5 times now and it is still not repaired. The paint is very frail,I have to say that Ford is light years ahead on Paint quality! I own 40 Trucks so I know! The interior paint on the dash is poor quality as well, have many scratches already! The plastic dash cluster is also very cheaply made! The leather seats are fairly nice. the ride quality is fair except for the constant vibrating of the steering wheel. It makes your hands numb on a longer trip! The sheet metal panels-thin!

Power of the engine!

Better paint! Repair the vibrating steering wheels! Repair the Bed bounce! Improve the sheet metal thickness! Improve the ride quality!

2007 Toyota Tundra
By Handier

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Tundra replaced a 1999 Suburban that was my work truck but just had too many reliability issues. The Tundra offered a configuration plus Toyota's reputation for reliability and durability. The Suburban was a great design and even as a work vehicle it was tough but just too many of the components died an early death. The Tundra is roomy, quite, powerful and came with a kicking stereo even though it is not a priority for me as this is a work truck. I've put about 1100 miles so far and the ride, though choppy on concrete segmented roads, has smoothed out and of course, is much better with a load in the bed.

Drive train, roomy cab actually can seat adults even on a trip.

The ride I think could use some tweaking. Not only can it be choppy but also it sometimes feels like the bed is jerking at the cab. This is the long bed double cab 2wd. Gauges are hard to read. Tail gate latch has problems and needed to be fixed due to a flimsy plastic clip aligner.

Not what I expected
By Trucker72

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Well I've owned them all. I own a construction company and needed a truck that has a high towing capacity and horsepower rating. I've put 21,500 miles on the 5.7L and has not proved to be what I expected. I am very hard on trucks but am adamant about service every 3k miles, and fuel filter every 12k. At 6800 miles the valve train started making noise so I took it in to discover my truck had leaked over a quart of oil in a 4 month period. My engine was totally overhauled. I was hauling a 9k trailer up the grapevine and my tranny overheated and would not shift.. had to wait till it cooled down.. weak.. Now brakes are shuddering. Toyota and quality don't go together anymore. Will be my last.

Horsepower, bold styling.

Quality, reliability.

2007 Toyota Tundra
By Shakey077

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This truck is amazing! Picked it up on Saturday so only have 120 miles so far. Got the cloth bucket seats, 6 disc in dash, TRD off road package.The ride, while a bit bumpy on So Cal freeways is not bad. It's a truck. It isn't supposed to ride like a Camry. Love everything. MPG is what I expected from a truck. Very comfortable, huge center console, storage everywhere. This is one truck I am going to love driving this for years.

5.7 ltr engine, center console, huge mirrors.

Rear view mirror is tiny compared to everything else in the truck. Bedliner should be standard for SR5 and above. Radio controls on the steering wheel would be nice for the non JBL 6 disc. But really I love the truck so these are just little things.

• SUV