Used 2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

2007 Toyota Tundra
By Shakey077

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This truck is amazing! Picked it up on Saturday so only have 120 miles so far. Got the cloth bucket seats, 6 disc in dash, TRD off road package.The ride, while a bit bumpy on So Cal freeways is not bad. It's a truck. It isn't supposed to ride like a Camry. Love everything. MPG is what I expected from a truck. Very comfortable, huge center console, storage everywhere. This is one truck I am going to love driving this for years.

Favorite Features

5.7 ltr engine, center console, huge mirrors.

Suggested Improvements

Rear view mirror is tiny compared to everything else in the truck. Bedliner should be standard for SR5 and above. Radio controls on the steering wheel would be nice for the non JBL 6 disc. But really I love the truck so these are just little things.

2007 Toyota Tunda
By JeremyL

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have had my Tundra for over a month now and it has been a phenomenal vehicle. I moved from a car to a truck, so the fuel economy is definitely not as good, but for its size and power I am very impressed. Some say the interior is not as polished as other makes, I do agree, but boy it is easy to clean, and the material used feels very durable, exaclty what is needed in a work truck. I actually love the material use and design layout, except for a few hard to reach buttons on the right side of the center console, they are pretty far from the drivers seat.

Favorite Features

Drivetrain is absolutely outstanding, ride quality is awesome, literally no road noise (very quiet cabin), comfort on long trips, overall look of the vehicle, 4 doors instead of an access cab, and its looks, oh and I actually like the guage layout, unlike some people who say it is very separated.

Suggested Improvements

Moving the center controls closer to driver (I am 6 feet tall with long arms and it is still a reach). Although the fuel economy is close to the GM 5.3 with valve shutoff I think Toyota could also benefit with addition of this technology since they have already been playing with it in the Tundra.

Happy Camper
By Ken Hunter

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Ordered My Tundra in February 2007 but was not delivered until May 2007. Factory did not install daylight driving lights or stainless running boards as ordered. Both local dealer and Toyota (Detroit) advised DRL must be installed at factory and could not install after and was considered an aftermarket item and not recommended. The factory installed DRL was about $40. I purchased a DRL kit for $97 and paid an electronics shop $187 to install a fairly complicated wiring job. Toyota took no responsibility for the omission. They did, however, install the SS running boards free of charge. This is the first new vehicle (among many) I have had that I did not have to return for some problem.

Favorite Features

I consider my Tundra outstanding in handling, ride and performance. Only problem is with poor gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel efficiency. Some of the recessed gauges are hard to see. Truck is too plain (vanilla) from a side view. Needs more chrome, pin striping, etc.

Best truck I have ever owned
By Chas

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I was in the market to buy another Dodge when I went to a local show and sat in a new Tundra. The rest is history. I bought it on a whim and I'm glad that I did. I have the offroad package. The ride is stiff, but not what I'd call uncomfortable. It's a truck!! I was pleasantly surprised after driving in the mountains that I had gotten excellent gas mileage. The engine is the nicest running I have ever had.

Favorite Features

Size especially the interior. Quiet inside. Extremely smooth engine. Nice to have a transmission temp gauge.

Suggested Improvements

Change the color of the orange gauge lights.

Farming Man
By Cattlehauler

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This truck is very nicely designed, does everything that I bought it for. Right now there is no truck that has as much horsepower than the 5.7. Great truck.

Favorite Features

Everything about the truck.

Suggested Improvements

Make storage underseat standard and bring the instruments up some.