2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 Double Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

2007 Tundra Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Sort Reviews by

'07 Tundra - Was Worth The Wait
By geets

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The 2007 Tundra 5.7L V8 Limited is by far the best truck I have ever owned, and I have owned my fair share. The 5.7L delivers in every way, great pick up and acceleration, quiet and comfortable for the family. The dual exhaust adds a little something for me. I love this truck and I look forward to driving it everyday. Thank you Toyota, I've waited 3 years for this truck - you got a real winner here.

Favorite Features

Best in class Interior storage and dash board functionality, plenty of space for work documents, music, and general stuff. The dash is well organized and easy to access.

Suggested Improvements

Interiors are below standard for a vehicle at this price, i.e. it a needs wood dash option, upgraded shift knob, etc.

One Word AWESOME!!
By rholley84

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Every aspect of this truck is unbelievable, the amount of power is endless, every redesigned inch of this truck is improved, cannot go wrong with this purchase for this price. Pulls a full trailer with no hesitation and no lack of power.

Favorite Features

All, motor.

Suggested Improvements

None.

New Tundra
By FJ401978LC

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

More power than I know what to do with! Problem is with all that power the gas mileage is terrible. The fit and finish is near perfect for a pick-up. The interior is maybe a little too good to take to a job site.

Undisputed Champion
By VEGA

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I drove the new Silverado, Ford F-150, Nissan Titan, and the Dodge Ram with the 5.7. The new 2007 Tundra with the 5.7 destroys the competition. Handling, power, acceleration, braking, and looks, plus resale value and reliability of Toyota.

Favorite Features

Overall package. Quality of fit and finish. Everything is my favorite.

Great Truck
By jb3785

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab LB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have only had it a short time but love it to death. Nice smooth ride and fun to drive. It is a head turner.

Favorite Features

TRD package looks good on it. Side rails are a good option and very sturdy.

Greatest Truck on Earth
By amalgamX

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Solid. Powerful. Beautiful to behold. 5.7L V8 gas-miser powerhouse. Attention paid to every detail. Can operate all interior controls with heavy work gloves on. Man-size cupholders: man-sized everything. This is the one we've waited for. Clearly superior to the F-150, Ram, Silverado, Titan - you name it. Less expensive too.

Favorite Features

Easy lift tail gate. Side airbag cut off. Standard 18" rims. GIGANTIC ventilated disc brakes. Hanging file folder in center console. Shift knob that you can wrap whole hand around.

Suggested Improvements

Honestly cannot think of anything. The Tundra is PERFECT!

The best Tundra ever
By Iqbaldhillon2

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I am a huge fan of Toyota trucks especially the Tundra. I bought a brand new 2007 Tundra recently and it is a great truck with space power and reliability. I love my TRD package it gives the truck a rugged , yet sporty look. The drive quality is also great, smooth and quiet just how I like it.

Favorite Features

Love the powerful 381 horsepower V8, and high towing and payload capacities. The seats are very luxurious, and comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Interior needs a bit of work but, it's nothing I can't live with. Plus the door handles have to come in the color of the truck on certain packages.

Decent truck
By fresnotruckman

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I was one of the first to buy my gray double cab tundra with the supposed 381 hp engine. I bought it Feburary 1st and took it on my first test of towing. My 5500 toy hauler loaded with water, fuel, and 4 quads maybe 8700ib. My brother has a 2005 ford with the 5.4 triton and he has a larger trailer and outran me up questa grade. Doesn't tow as well as the ford or dodge. Seats feel very stiff, but overall I feel I made a good decision. Averaged 6 mpg towing and in town 11.8mpg.

Favorite Features

Power when not towing, looks, hopeful reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Seats, they are uncomfortable, needs better gearing, doesn't tow as well as 5.7L dodge ram or 5.7L chevy I had. Optional locker, I got stuck 4 times in pismo. Aired down to 15 psi and couldn't pull my trailer anywhere. Had to be pulled out.. embarassing when you pay 37k for a truck :(

2007 Tundra
By MarkV

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

It is a great truck. The 5.7L engine is incredible. Ride is very smooth and comfortable. Gas mileage is low, but that is the price you pay for a V8. Quality is high both inside and out. The only thing to say about the inside is the console is TOO big. Why not make the seats a little bigger instead. But everything is within reach and storage is massive.

Favorite Features

Engine power, build quality, tailgate, ride quality.

Suggested Improvements

Make seats wider, less of a center console. The stepup height from running boards to seat is a little too high. I am 6' and it was almost too high even using the step.

The Beast Truck Of All Trucks!!!
By CHUCK

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The performance on this vehicle is amazing. Toyota really hit a grand slam with this one! From its design utility and performance is the best truck money can buy!! Trust me I drove them all and this truck by far exceeds all expectation of truck buyer.

Favorite Features

Performance, rear lid its actually goes down smooth and easy with out slamming.

Suggested Improvements

Gauges are hard to read, they’re buried deep in the dash.