Used 2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

very Good
By bo

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Very good handling, nice ride on rough road and in cornering.

Favorite Features

Big open door.

Suggested Improvements

Longer bed on crew max.

Better than my F-150
By stratus65

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased this truck after my F-150 proved untrustworthy. The Tundra rides very well, very quiet and the engine and transmission are incredibly smooth. It tows our 6500 lb trailer with ease. Not something I could say about our 5.4 L F-150. The brakes are outstanding. The acceleration and handling are fantastic. I haven't experinced the fabled 'bed bounce' even though I have tried to induce it on some washboard gravel roads. I have had it off pavement and the ride is still great.

Favorite Features

Ride, power, smoothness. Bigger than our old F-150 but feels less bulky to drive and park. Smooth, quiet ride. Traction control. Powerful and steady tow vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

More readable instrument cluster-hate the tunnels. (I don't know how that got into production.) Better plastic, scuffs too easy. Radio is too far from the driver (I have long arms too). Folding mirrors should be standard.

I love this truck
By blade329

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is the finest truck I have ever driven. It's got power, style and it is pretty darn comfortable to drive. The MPG is fair, but it is expected for a big V8 truck. The interior is very roomy, has a zillion cup holders and a lot of storage. It did not come with a bed liner so I got the Line-X spray in for it. Love it. It gets a little bumpy at times with the bed empty, but so has every truck I ever had.

Favorite Features

Power of the V8, exterior styling, fun to drive, great safety features with curtain air bags and traction/stability control.

Suggested Improvements

The interior was a little disappointing, bed liner should be standard, tailgate should close easier.

Great Truck - Congratulations Toyota
By ERNEST GLASTRIS

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

In terms of carrying capacity, this is the lightest duty truck I have ever owned. In terms of overall quality and versatility, it is the best. Toyota has overcome previous problems with ring gears, brakes, power and ergonomics and has produced a vehicle that would please even the most critical of those among us who actually expect a vehicle to do serious work. The 6 speed transmission is flawless. Brakes are superb. Interior comfort and ride is better than many cars. Acceleration is awesome. Towing capacity is 10,000 pounds plus, as advertised. Stable, safe, well put together. I now have 3500 tough miles on her and not a hint of a problem. Best truck I have ever owned.

Favorite Features

The heated tow mirrors look good and function well. The double cab rear seat is comfortable, even for 6-footers. Toyota even thoughtfully included a restraint hook for infant car seats.

Suggested Improvements

Went with the Goodrich All-Terrain tires. Good tread design, insufficient tread depth. Toyota could have spec'd them better. Radio sensitivity and selectivity could be better. Sound quality is good.

Recommended
By Michael

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Gob-smacked happy with this brand new truck. The power/acceleration is sensational. Averaged 16.9 mpg on a playful 230 mile rural/highway drive. Love the engine sound, gauges, silky drivetrain, and smooth ride. Interior materials could be improved, human factors improvements needed (console cover hard to reach, extending to perform a lot of nav touch-screen data entry is discomforting to my back). Leather seats are comfortable but could be softer. Side view mirrors are sensational. Auto heat/AC feature works great, tailgate assist is nice, lifetime AT fluid (not convinced yet), JBL stereo sounds good. Overall, a very quiet and refined ride for such a powerful truck. Best half-ton ever made!

Favorite Features

5.7L engine and 6-AT smoothness, looks of 20" wheels, view from side mirrors is the best ever, nav w/bluetooth hands-free telephone is a cool feature, JBL sound system rocks, steering wheel audio/telephone controls. Cold package is a good buy.

Suggested Improvements

Add AT dipstick and body side moldings. Pad door arm rests. Increase heated seat output. Center console is difficult to reach/close. The nav touch-screen should extend/remove for easier data entry. Integrate cell address book/nav destinations. Verizon cell addresses did not autoload w/Bluetooth.