2007 Toyota Tundra 5.7L V8 6-speed Automatic 5.6 ft. Bed Consumer Review - 07 Crewmax 5.7 6A

2007 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Review

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

07 Crewmax 5.7 6A
By Ken Taco on

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I traded in my 06 Tacoma Double Cab Prerunner longbed w/TRD Sport Pkg. I chose the Crewmax w/5.7 6AT SR5 because I liked how smooth it drove, and I wanted the interior space to accomodate my family on road trips from Vegas to Southern Cal. I love the seating position in the Crewmax. In the Tacoma, the seating was comfortable, but you had to sit low like in a sports car. There were also no option for any kind of seat height adjustments. I also like the power on tap when I need it, and the braking power. Turning radius is pretty tight for a truck this size. It's too soon to see MPG, but I hope to get 16 city.

Favorite Features

Center console slides back and forth to create comfortable writing area. Slide forward and relcline back seats w/center armrest. Power retracting rear window. Center dash MPG calculator and miles to empty display. Power bucket seat. Tilt and telescoping steering wheel. 5.7 liter engine, w/6spd trans.

Suggested Improvements

Refine the interior with fewer plastic panels. Use composite bed like on the Tacomas. Sturdier body panels (I can press the door panels with my fingers). Make fog lights available on all models.