Used 2007 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Might not buy a tundra again
By jamie johnson

2007 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Our Tundra is fun to drive and we seem to be getting better gas mileage than most others. We average 18-19 on the road and 16-17 in town. The factory tires are junk, as they needed replaced at 30,000 even though the air pressure was always monitored and the tires were rotated every 6,000 miles. Ours has buckets seats and both needed replaced due to rattles and squeaks. Just yesterday, the radio went crazy. There is no volume control, it only plays at maximum volumn so can't be used, all the presets quit working, etc. The dealer said this happens fairly often. The radio just shorts out and they will replace it. Wondering if this truck will turn into a spendy lemon when out of warranty.

Very nice looking truck. Lots of power with good gas mileage. All in all glad we bought it but wondering if we should have stuck with Ford.

Better tires, our AC doesn't cool very well but the dealer says it is within specs, would rather have seats that were less fancy, with fewer moving parts, to rattle and drive a person nuts going down the road. Problems and recalls have put this truck in the shop more than our Ford in 15 years.

So Far So Good
By Leo

2007 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Owned 1992 Toyota Truck. Problem free for the years driven. Man what quality and that 22R engine lasts forever. July 2007 purchased Tundra as work vehicle. The ride is nice but quality not the same. Paint job has thin spots on driver side that looks like they buffed out to hide. Left rear tail light cracked and leaking. Dash rattles. I'd hope for something more "Toyota". Wish I'd held on to '92 for back up. Drive by wire is new to me. Engine revs up at predictable times I've noticed. Coming off freeway ramp doesn't decelerate quickly as does cable throttle throttle. No "sticking" pedal problem. Other noted quirks ie blind spots. Install tail gate step. Plan to replace with F150.

Room behind seat. Comfort to drive. Slow drop tail gate.

14 mpg city with V6. My 1970 Ford Truck got that with an 8. Toyota has become GM. Return to Toyota Quality that's why we bought them. Tail gate step standard. Bed bounce. Blind spots.

By far the best truck I have ever owned!
By steved

2007 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this truck in july 07, I have worked it very hard, heavy duty trailers towing a bobcat, ski boat 24 ft camper, 2500lbs firewood in the bed. I have owned 2 silverados, 1 f150, 1 ram and an expedition. This is by far the toughest truck i have had. The ride is great, the engine is very snappy, the transmission is smooth. I have not had one problem with this truck with the exception of one of the rubber strips coming off the roof from the automatic carwash. No biggy. Contrary to other statements, my tailgate is very strong, I have loaded my 700lb Arctic Cat in the bed many times with no issues. Love the fact that its built in America with American materials. Good Job Toyota!!

Engine power, torque, ride, reliability, and RESALE VALUE.

Minor exterior flaws.

Impressed
By JOE

2007 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Recently bought my first pick-up ever. I took a lot of test drives in all kind of pick-ups, including the Tacoma but when I jumped into my 07 Tundra it was love at first site. I'm 6,4'' and was impressed by the legroom and the overall ride. This truck handles the steep hills and mountains of Puerto Rico very well. And with its bold, sleek look it's kinda fun to drive. The wide hood takes awhile to get used to, though. Overall, it handles pretty well. I'll give you a better rating in about 10 yrs. Thats how long I plan on keeping it. I'm glad I got this, instead of the F150. I'm happy.

Bold, sleek look (in black), seats are comfortable, middle folding down console with cup holders and little compartments, nice overhead console with sunglasses holder.

The shifting knob is too big and long, keeps hitting the wiper knob. Put the wiper knob behind headlight knob. Turn signal lights on outside side mirrors. A brake light on the gate. Make cruise control standard on all models.

Muscle Truck
By Tom

2007 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I two a 10,000 lb trailer on a regular basis. My previous truck was a Ford with a 460 V8. The Tundra 5.7 bets it hands down in power and economy. I have never owned a p/u in my 35 years of driving that is as powerful as this one. It is amazing. I regularly get 20 mpg driving 55 mpg empty highway miles. Around town is 14 mpg and pulling a loaded trailer at 55 mpg gets me 14 mpg. I use regular gas and everything factory.

Power Power Power

Factory show spray the beds with their version of Rhino liner or....