2007 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Might not buy a tundra again
By jamie johnson on 07/23/10 16:18 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Our Tundra is fun to drive and we seem to be getting better gas mileage than most others. We average 18-19 on the road and 16-17 in town. The factory tires are junk, as they needed replaced at 30,000 even though the air pressure was always monitored and the tires were rotated every 6,000 miles. Ours has buckets seats and both needed replaced due to rattles and squeaks. Just yesterday, the radio went crazy. There is no volume control, it only plays at maximum volumn so can't be used, all the presets quit working, etc. The dealer said this happens fairly often. The radio just shorts out and they will replace it. Wondering if this truck will turn into a spendy lemon when out of warranty.

So Far So Good
By Leo on 03/10/10 21:33 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Owned 1992 Toyota Truck. Problem free for the years driven. Man what quality and that 22R engine lasts forever. July 2007 purchased Tundra as work vehicle. The ride is nice but quality not the same. Paint job has thin spots on driver side that looks like they buffed out to hide. Left rear tail light cracked and leaking. Dash rattles. I'd hope for something more "Toyota". Wish I'd held on to '92 for back up. Drive by wire is new to me. Engine revs up at predictable times I've noticed. Coming off freeway ramp doesn't decelerate quickly as does cable throttle throttle. No "sticking" pedal problem. Other noted quirks ie blind spots. Install tail gate step. Plan to replace with F150.

By far the best truck I have ever owned!
By steved on 01/09/10 21:55 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this truck in july 07, I have worked it very hard, heavy duty trailers towing a bobcat, ski boat 24 ft camper, 2500lbs firewood in the bed. I have owned 2 silverados, 1 f150, 1 ram and an expedition. This is by far the toughest truck i have had. The ride is great, the engine is very snappy, the transmission is smooth. I have not had one problem with this truck with the exception of one of the rubber strips coming off the roof from the automatic carwash. No biggy. Contrary to other statements, my tailgate is very strong, I have loaded my 700lb Arctic Cat in the bed many times with no issues. Love the fact that its built in America with American materials. Good Job Toyota!!

Impressed
By JOE on 11/26/08 20:58 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Recently bought my first pick-up ever. I took a lot of test drives in all kind of pick-ups, including the Tacoma but when I jumped into my 07 Tundra it was love at first site. I'm 6,4'' and was impressed by the legroom and the overall ride. This truck handles the steep hills and mountains of Puerto Rico very well. And with its bold, sleek look it's kinda fun to drive. The wide hood takes awhile to get used to, though. Overall, it handles pretty well. I'll give you a better rating in about 10 yrs. Thats how long I plan on keeping it. I'm glad I got this, instead of the F150. I'm happy.

Muscle Truck
By Tom on 09/12/08 20:03 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I two a 10,000 lb trailer on a regular basis. My previous truck was a Ford with a 460 V8. The Tundra 5.7 bets it hands down in power and economy. I have never owned a p/u in my 35 years of driving that is as powerful as this one. It is amazing. I regularly get 20 mpg driving 55 mpg empty highway miles. Around town is 14 mpg and pulling a loaded trailer at 55 mpg gets me 14 mpg. I use regular gas and everything factory.

Love this truck
By Leonard on 08/08/08 05:12 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This truck is fun to drive and is a real work horse. Gets better gas mileage in town than my previous GM truck that had a smaller V8. Recently towed a 32' travel trailer 500 miles and it was an effortless tow for the 5.7 V8. So far, truck has been trouble free. I love the extra space behind the front seats. Added a rubber mat in that area to keep things from sliding around. The truck is easy to get around in the woods while hunting. In my experience short wheelbase trucks are much more fun to drive and have fewer vibrations and wheel balancing problems than extended cab models. I love driving this truck.

VSC and ABS failure at 500 miles
By theracingmind on 01/26/08 13:09 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I had my brand new 2007 Tundra for less than 5 days before the vehicle stability control failed, along with traction control and anti-lock brakes. I live in snowy Canada and expect these things to work. I am very disappointed in the truck. I expected more from Toyota. So far, the problem is a mystery to the mechanics. At the moment, I hate to use the thing. It sits in my driveway like a giant black lemon. Ugh!

Great Ride
By Craig on 11/05/07 16:33 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I'm really enjoying this truck. The ride is very comfortable and the power of the 5.7 is fabulous. It is the quickest vehicle I have driven in years. There are a couple of annoyances, the seat belts chimes if not buckled and the doors lock automatically. The doors are too large. You need two parking spaces just to get them open. There is plenty of room behind the seat but it could be utilized better for instance hooks to hang bags on. The one clothes hook is behind the drivers seat which blocks your view and there isn't one on the other side which would be the better location. No vanity mirror for passenger. Interior plastics are low end looking. With all that said I love it!

Sweet Mercy
By Eddie on 10/24/07 10:20 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I look forward to driving this truck to work everyday. I actually get excited when it's time to leave each morning. I have had no problems with this truck, period. My experience so far has been fantastic and the truck has exceeded all my expectations.

Absolutely Love this Truck
By Dave on 10/02/07 18:20 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Just purchased this truck and absolutely love it. Traded my PreRunner TRD Off Road version for it. Wasn't really looking to buy, but once I test drove it, I was hooked. The power is amazing and with the SR5 and Sport package this truck is a real looker. Toyota has hit a home run.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.