Used 2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 Double Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Tunk Is My Buddy
By Tunk

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have a quirky habit of naming my vehicles, because I usually keep them for 10+ years. I call my Tundra truck Tunk. I like the way it feels when I'm driving, and the turning radius for this size vehicle is amazing. The seats are comfortable if you pull the headrests out & turn them around so you're not forced to scrunch your neck to conform. The 236 hp V6 is smooth as silk & purrs like a big cat when you're cruising down a back road at 55 or 60, up or down a hill, where it is lugging down below 2k rpm. The cruise control took a little getting used to because the control "schtick" turns with the wheel, while other levers remain stationary. Heat & A/C superb, back seats roomy & comfortable.

I love all of the storage spaces & the efficiency of the windshield wipers. The topside access to the oil filter and the dampened tailgate mechanism are pure genious. The rear seats, designed to flip up/out of the way, make cargo room, & are extended, roadtrip approved. The console is clever/useful.

Make sure a potential buyer knows that there is no fuel mileage advantage with the 5 speed transmissed, 236 horsepower V6 engine as compared to the 6 speed transmystifying, 381 horsepower V8. For knocking around town doing hobby hauling the V6 is adequate and has some pep, but there are moments....

Head and Shoulders Above the Rest!
By SpursMike

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Without a doubt the best full-size pickup on the market! Overall build quality combined with numerous standard features not found on the competition makes the 07 Tundra the class leader. Standard features include side-curtain airbags, Vehicle Stability Control, Automatic Traction Control, and 4 wheel ABS.

Pistol grip floor shifter, side-curtain airbags, and in-dash 6 disc stereo.

Steering wheel mounted audio controls and bluetooth on all models.