2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Wish it looked as good as it drove.
By unerik on 01/22/14 08:40 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I bought a new 2007 white Tundra from a local Toyota dealership. The truck drives well and the turning radius isn’t as bad as the 2006 and previous models. It’s also a very well built truck for the most part. I can't complain about the fuel economy given the fact that it's better than the tacoma models of the same year averaging 17.5 mpg.

A Great Work Truck
By way2fun_lotus on 04/01/13 16:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

After reading some of these reviews, I have to wonder if there aren't some Toyota haters posting misinformation. I have a 2007 with 47,000 miles on that I have worked the you know what out of, and I have never had a single issue with it. No stuck accelerator, no rust, no tailgate problems, no radio problems, no vibrating bed, etc. The truck has been bullet proof just like you would expect a truck to be. My only issue with it is it's large size. It's a lot to maneuver, and I sometimes wish it was smaller. On the flip side, I can't tell you how many times I've had the bed stacked full of stuff and was grateful for the size of it.

have had radio problem
By jlw1960 on 11/18/11 18:27 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We really love our truck have had to have the radio replaced still the channels will fade in and out at times.have lost the rubber strip on the top right side in car wash , but as far as the performance of the truck could not be happier my husband get mad because I do not want him to drive it .

So far Reliable but could be greatly improved...
By trichopsis on 10/19/11 21:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

76K miles. Impressive power, smooth tranny, deep gearing helps pull heavy loads with ease, suspension is supple. With a double cab and full bed, it does flex more than I'd like it too. However, it is well mannered, predictable and quiet. I had to buy different bushings for the cab to stop the dreaded "bed bounce" issue. Mine was unbearable before. Interior-other than the stereo being hard to reach from where i sit, some of the plastics are kind of cheap feeling. If driven at 65 it will do what it states. I average 16.4 with 90% freeway in So Cal (pretty flat). 70-75 mph. Also, it says it has a 26 gallon tank - but I've never filled more than 21...

Great truck for a horse farm
By Norman on 11/12/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

We could not be happier with this truck. Used to haul a 2 horse trailer, an equipment trailer, and to generally carry heavy or bulky stuff around on our small horse farm. Have driven in very hot weather, in deep snow, in heavy rain, and have had no problems at all. Do put on studded snow tires in the winter. Factory tires get great gas mileage but wear quickly. Only complaint is the Toyota standard navigation system, which I find very difficult to use. My other vehicles have Garmin nav, which is far better and a lot less money.

Best ever!
By kevin on 09/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This truck is off the charts. Power, Power, Power and looks! What more is there in life? I purchased the truck and never saw it, my wife and kids drove it all the time.They are fighting about who is going to get it when I buy a newer one. Oh, when I show guys how the tailgate slowly falls down, they just stand there and say, "Mine (Ford, GMC, Chevy and Ford) does not do that, Cool"

Best buy for the buck
By My Tundra on 09/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Almost bought another truck but gave the Tundra the once over. Spent more then planed, but after considering all others, there was no real choice. If your going to spend your hard earned buck, the Tundra beats others in many ways. MPG is great as I get 19.2 with mine, I only got 22.1 with my 4 cyl. The draw back is that my wife now wants to drive it all the time annd wants me to drive the van. Yuk!

Disappointed w/ Business Practice
By jon on 08/21/10 21:23 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

After 5 trips to Toyota service they made the throttle issue more dangerous with a feather light gas pedal. Resistance on the gas pedal was scary lite. If you have a recall make the dealership prove they won't mess it up and take what's yours. Lakeland Toyota offered insults, excuses blaming Toyota. Paid premium for upgraded floor mats, had dealership steal from my vehicle "at direction of Toyota". Dealership took my upgraded floor mats which retained snow and mud in return they gave me the cheap, poor quality mats. Dealership blamed Toyota took no responsibility, thieves. Very disappointed in both dealership and Toyota customer relations. Wouldn't recommend either.

CO owned Tundra
By CO owned on 06/06/10 13:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The truck has been flawless as far as repairs. I have 25k miles with the 5.7 and avg 16 mpg. I have it in the shop though being upgraded for pulling. It has the power but the 8000 lbs tongue 29' trailer throws it around. The plan is with helper springs it will stop. Overall I am very happy, just cross wind has been a problem. I am also needing new tires as the factory tires are already bold.

2007 tundra
By Bill on 05/13/10 17:56 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

85,000 miles. No problems. Fun and powerful to drive. Have trd package, w/limited slip and towing package. Live in Arizona and drive it hard in hot and dusty places. 100% satisfied.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.