Used 2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

No Other Truck Compares
By Bill Hinman

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Bought 2007 Tundra new for significantly less than I could have bought a comparable Hemi Double Cab. I currently have 181,000 miles on it and the only fix was the water pump which Toyota covered on warrantee at 96K miles. I have towed an 8K camper from VT to SC twice and although the mileage was terrible (8MPH) no issues to date. I have replaced the brake pads twice and rotors once. All other people I know that own ford, chevy or dodge have replaced wheel bearings, tierod ends, and brakes every 25k miles. This truck is the real deal no matter what anyone says.

Wish it looked as good as it drove.
By unerik

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I bought a new 2007 white Tundra from a local Toyota dealership. The truck drives well and the turning radius isn’t as bad as the 2006 and previous models. It’s also a very well built truck for the most part. I can't complain about the fuel economy given the fact that it's better than the tacoma models of the same year averaging 17.5 mpg.

Favorite Features

A couple of favorite features are the towing capacity and look of the truck. I also love the size and height giving you an excellent view well above other traffic.

Suggested Improvements

The paint job has faded to the point where the clear coat is gone and the paint comes off when trying to buff the truck. Through the blogs and social media I found that Toyota used a single stage paint for their white trucks of that year. If you are going to purchase a tundra from that year, don't buy white.

A Great Work Truck
By way2fun_lotus

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

After reading some of these reviews, I have to wonder if there aren't some Toyota haters posting misinformation. I have a 2007 with 47,000 miles on that I have worked the you know what out of, and I have never had a single issue with it. No stuck accelerator, no rust, no tailgate problems, no radio problems, no vibrating bed, etc. The truck has been bullet proof just like you would expect a truck to be. My only issue with it is it's large size. It's a lot to maneuver, and I sometimes wish it was smaller. On the flip side, I can't tell you how many times I've had the bed stacked full of stuff and was grateful for the size of it.

Favorite Features

Very comfortable and powerful. Great looking truck built in the USA.

Suggested Improvements

Scrap the worthless Bridgestones it comes from the factory with. Went thru the first set in about 20,000 miles and Firestone gave me a great deal on a second set (warranty adjustment) but they wore out as quick as the first. Expect to get between 14-16 mpg on the 5.7 L double cab. Anyone who tells you they are doing better is a liar or can't do simple math.

have had radio problem
By jlw1960

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We really love our truck have had to have the radio replaced still the channels will fade in and out at times.have lost the rubber strip on the top right side in car wash , but as far as the performance of the truck could not be happier my husband get mad because I do not want him to drive it .

So far Reliable but could be greatly improved...
By trichopsis

2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

76K miles. Impressive power, smooth tranny, deep gearing helps pull heavy loads with ease, suspension is supple. With a double cab and full bed, it does flex more than I'd like it too. However, it is well mannered, predictable and quiet. I had to buy different bushings for the cab to stop the dreaded "bed bounce" issue. Mine was unbearable before. Interior-other than the stereo being hard to reach from where i sit, some of the plastics are kind of cheap feeling. If driven at 65 it will do what it states. I average 16.4 with 90% freeway in So Cal (pretty flat). 70-75 mph. Also, it says it has a 26 gallon tank - but I've never filled more than 21...

Favorite Features

-BMW style Orange dashlight, easy on eyes. -Drivetrain - Is the BOMB. Gearing is great, brakes are great, turning radius good. -very quiet for a truck -Tow package has both pins so you don't need to buy different harnesses. -Mileage isn't too horrible considering displacement and output.

Suggested Improvements

a telescoping steering wheel would definitely assist driving position. Fully BOX the frame dang it! Stupid Toyota Limited Slip Diff....NEED LOCKER --> GM, ahem... Make a DIESEL please. Accelerator Pedal (post recall) TOO SENSITIVE. Do not like Sealed Transmission - I like to check it once in a while.