Used 2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 CrewMax Cab Consumer Reviews - 29 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Tundra Crewmax
By Mtkrewmax

Not exactly what I expected
By Steve Knutson

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This truck will go through brakes every 25000 miles. I have the proof in the repair tickets. When I complained to the dealership they said well you do pull a trailer with it. Excuse me the trailer has it's own brake system, I even disengaged it to see how bad it would drag on the truck and it definately slowed down much slower without the trailer brakes so they are doing their job. I have purchased the third and final factory warranty at a cost of 3000 plus because of the expensive repairs this truck has had. so on top of a hefty selling price add almost 10,000 to that to keep it on the road. In addition Toyota gives me nothing to drive when they have it torn down. We have consistently complained for several years about the gas pedal (the one involved in the deaths and lawsuit) Yup that's my 07... and they tell me they cant do anything but put splints in and they last for a week if your lucky. Their solution, trade it on on a new one so they can make another 50,000 on me. Are they nuts? Ford and Chevy would love to get a hold of this story...

Should have stayed with my Tacoma
By sshifflett

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

My Tundra has been nice, interior is very light colored and shows any dirt.
I am experiencing some transmission problems with 4wd high and low, multiple service and dash lights on and issues with reverse lights on while driving fwd.
Already had more than one trip to the dealership regarding 4wd issues.

The stereo issues happen only in the spring when the temp in the cab goes up and down a lot in one day.

Sunroof, large back seat, rear sliding window and hwy driving.

Stereo and other electronic issues. 4wd high and low problem needs to be dealt with by Toyota.

Poor Quality
By t1

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

One was led to believe that toyota was higher quality, but since the start nothing but problems and at 82,000 miles fuel injectors problems on 5.7L engine. Major repair over $ 3,600. Never had a truck with this major repair with less that 100,000 miles. Not built to stand up to heavy duty use.

Fuel economy and power.

Toyota, stand behind your engine until you get the bugs out.

Aggravated
By John in Houston

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I was a big believer in Toyota quality until my Tundra experience. Auto door locks and remote won't function on the front doors and they tell me it will be $1,250 to fix. Since the key only works on the driver door, this is a big hassle. Why design locks so they are too expensive to fix? The lights on the radio panel haven't worked for most of the time since I've had the truck, so the button lights and channel indicator can't be read while night driving. Transmission replaced once, but then often jerked when putting the car in drive. Dealer tells me they just have this problem and he can't fix it. This is not the reliability and quality I thought I was spending my money on.

Roomy and comfortable. I like the size of the bed.

Need to return to the quality Toyota used to be known for, and stand behind this product. Customer support was not helpful.