2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
After 5-years and 86,000 miles pleased with decision
By bg53 on 06/02/12 10:03 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased this truck new in 2007 after comparing it to the other offerings available. The space in the back seat of the CrewMax is what really pushed it ahead of the competition at the time. Overall, I've been pleased with the truck. There were no issues during the first 4 years. This last year had a replace the water pump & rear wheel bearings. Not real happy about this, but these two items tend to fail on pretty much every vehicle out there at some time during its life span. With the cabin space and off-road capabilities, I consider this vehicle the ultimate SUV. Works great for my family.

Should have stayed with my Tacoma
By sshifflett on 02/27/11 07:12 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

My Tundra has been nice, interior is very light colored and shows any dirt. I am experiencing some transmission problems with 4wd high and low, multiple service and dash lights on and issues with reverse lights on while driving fwd. Already had more than one trip to the dealership regarding 4wd issues. The stereo issues happen only in the spring when the temp in the cab goes up and down a lot in one day.

Hosed . . .
By travisthompson on 01/03/11 10:38 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Love the style, look and (when it's right) performance of this truck. I work out of state and put tons of miles on my vehicle, as well as drive it off road quite a bit, making 4wd drive a necessity. After returning from a trip, my 4wd locked up in 4 low - I took it to my local Toyota Dealer who informed me that this is a known problem if you drive your 4wd Tundra anywhere it is wet or cold - this was corroborated by several of the other techs at the Toyota dealership. I contacted Toyota and they said that although there is a known problem, it's not covered under the warranty. $2400 later, my 4wd works, but we've learned our lesson. This model just isn't right.

Had Better
By Mike on 10/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Limited 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is now my fourth Toyota truck I have owned, and the first three were amazing having put on 450000 kms, and not needing anything except for regular maintenance. I have to say as much as I love the detail, and style, I am not impressed. I had an issue loading my ATV into the back, causing the tailgate to deform, I had to research that issue and found there had been a service recall, however the Service manager at the dealership took some persuading even to look it up, however in the end it was fixed at no cost. Secondly, the rubber rain track on the roof had to be reinstalled once under warranty during a car wash, however within a year it had blown out while driving down the highway.

Poor Quality
By t1 on 04/24/10 17:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

One was led to believe that toyota was higher quality, but since the start nothing but problems and at 82,000 miles fuel injectors problems on 5.7L engine. Major repair over $ 3,600. Never had a truck with this major repair with less that 100,000 miles. Not built to stand up to heavy duty use.

BUY ONE!
By Awesome Truck! on 03/15/10 14:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Limited 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Just another honest opinion. Bought the Crewmax when they first came out. Compared with my other vehicles, I couldn't be happier. I won't mention the brands but they have all been in and out of dealership for repairs. This truck has been the most reliable vehicle I have owned. However, as with all vehicles there has to be a problem. The front diff. Needs repairing. Makes a "woo. Woo" noise once and a while. But Toyota will replace it. Unlike other brands who claim you are hearing things. Tons of power, tons of room, not bad on fuel (87 octane), and will spank a ext. Cab hemi with the supposed 390 hp. (ask my brother ; ) ). Stereo is good not great.

Truth about the Tundra
By Tundra 226 on 02/14/10 07:55 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The Tundra has a clear advantage in looks, engine, towing capability, and certainly rear seat room. We have two kids, one a growing teen and most other vehicles don't have near the room in the rear seat. It makes a tremendous difference. You will not find a better engine in my opinion. 99% of the time it is quiet and well mannered until you need it and then you can unleash the incredible power that makes you truly appreciate what Toyota has done. The transmission is excellent as is the 4X4. Fuel economy is 18mpg or better if you try. I don't tow heavy but it is nice having a vehicle capable of it with the big brakes etc. that go with it. I would highly recommend this truck!

Very Good Truck
By Kevin on 01/04/10 19:47 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have had my Crewmax for 2.5 years and 66K. It has been very reliable. Just oil changes and tire rotation. As others have mentioned the body panels and paint are thin and will dent and chip easily. I have used my tundra for towing a 6K to 8K trailer with no issues and taken the family on several vacations. It has really been a do it all vehicle. My fuel mileage after 66k is averaged 16.8 mpg.

Aggravated
By John in Houston on 10/29/09 19:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I was a big believer in Toyota quality until my Tundra experience. Auto door locks and remote won't function on the front doors and they tell me it will be $1,250 to fix. Since the key only works on the driver door, this is a big hassle. Why design locks so they are too expensive to fix? The lights on the radio panel haven't worked for most of the time since I've had the truck, so the button lights and channel indicator can't be read while night driving. Transmission replaced once, but then often jerked when putting the car in drive. Dealer tells me they just have this problem and he can't fix it. This is not the reliability and quality I thought I was spending my money on.

105K miles - Best car I ever bought
By kamikani on 10/12/09 21:35 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I've owned this truck for a little over two years now, and over 100K miles. Aside from a Toyota Celica I had in college, this is the best car/truck I have ever owned. Great reliability, great power, great towing capacity. All I've had done to it is change the oil & rotate the tires every 5K miles and recently, changed the front/rear differential oil. The ribber gaskets around the front doors do come off at the upper corner if you use automatic car washes. That's my only complaint. Fuel mileage is what you would expect for a 5.7L with this much power and torque. I get about 18/Hwy and 16 City.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.