Used 2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

After 5-years and 86,000 miles pleased with decision
By bg53

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased this truck new in 2007 after comparing it to the other offerings available. The space in the back seat of the CrewMax is what really pushed it ahead of the competition at the time. Overall, I've been pleased with the truck. There were no issues during the first 4 years. This last year had a replace the water pump & rear wheel bearings. Not real happy about this, but these two items tend to fail on pretty much every vehicle out there at some time during its life span. With the cabin space and off-road capabilities, I consider this vehicle the ultimate SUV. Works great for my family.

Favorite Features

Rear seat room; Powerful engine; Highway ride; Turning radius (great for a truck); Sliding rails in truck bed are handy to secure loads. Soft open, locking tailgate is great.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel mileage has been what was expected (13-14 city and 16-17 highway), but could definitely be improved upon. The gas pedal is really touchy, which makes it difficult for a smooth start over a bumpy road.

Should have stayed with my Tacoma
By sshifflett

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

My Tundra has been nice, interior is very light colored and shows any dirt. I am experiencing some transmission problems with 4wd high and low, multiple service and dash lights on and issues with reverse lights on while driving fwd. Already had more than one trip to the dealership regarding 4wd issues. The stereo issues happen only in the spring when the temp in the cab goes up and down a lot in one day.

Favorite Features

Sunroof, large back seat, rear sliding window and hwy driving.

Suggested Improvements

Stereo and other electronic issues. 4wd high and low problem needs to be dealt with by Toyota.

Hosed . . .
By travisthompson

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Love the style, look and (when it's right) performance of this truck. I work out of state and put tons of miles on my vehicle, as well as drive it off road quite a bit, making 4wd drive a necessity. After returning from a trip, my 4wd locked up in 4 low - I took it to my local Toyota Dealer who informed me that this is a known problem if you drive your 4wd Tundra anywhere it is wet or cold - this was corroborated by several of the other techs at the Toyota dealership. I contacted Toyota and they said that although there is a known problem, it's not covered under the warranty. $2400 later, my 4wd works, but we've learned our lesson. This model just isn't right.

Favorite Features

The looks, the style, how it drives (when it's operating correctly), tons of storage, the reclining back seats

Suggested Improvements

If you make a mistake, own up to it. Toyota didn't, and has lost a loyal customer because of it.

Had Better
By Mike

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Limited 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is now my fourth Toyota truck I have owned, and the first three were amazing having put on 450000 kms, and not needing anything except for regular maintenance. I have to say as much as I love the detail, and style, I am not impressed. I had an issue loading my ATV into the back, causing the tailgate to deform, I had to research that issue and found there had been a service recall, however the Service manager at the dealership took some persuading even to look it up, however in the end it was fixed at no cost. Secondly, the rubber rain track on the roof had to be reinstalled once under warranty during a car wash, however within a year it had blown out while driving down the highway.

Favorite Features

Styling, Design, performance, still an excellent truck, just not as good as it was

Suggested Improvements

Their customer service, and satisfaction is down the gutter, right from the dealership right up to head office

Poor Quality
By t1

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

One was led to believe that toyota was higher quality, but since the start nothing but problems and at 82,000 miles fuel injectors problems on 5.7L engine. Major repair over $ 3,600. Never had a truck with this major repair with less that 100,000 miles. Not built to stand up to heavy duty use.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy and power.

Suggested Improvements

Toyota, stand behind your engine until you get the bugs out.