2007 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
A Great Work Truck
By way2fun_lotus on 04/01/13 16:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

After reading some of these reviews, I have to wonder if there aren't some Toyota haters posting misinformation. I have a 2007 with 47,000 miles on that I have worked the you know what out of, and I have never had a single issue with it. No stuck accelerator, no rust, no tailgate problems, no radio problems, no vibrating bed, etc. The truck has been bullet proof just like you would expect a truck to be. My only issue with it is it's large size. It's a lot to maneuver, and I sometimes wish it was smaller. On the flip side, I can't tell you how many times I've had the bed stacked full of stuff and was grateful for the size of it.

CO owned Tundra
By CO owned on 06/06/10 13:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The truck has been flawless as far as repairs. I have 25k miles with the 5.7 and avg 16 mpg. I have it in the shop though being upgraded for pulling. It has the power but the 8000 lbs tongue 29' trailer throws it around. The plan is with helper springs it will stop. Overall I am very happy, just cross wind has been a problem. I am also needing new tires as the factory tires are already bold.

Why did i wait?
By foothills on 03/14/10 08:49 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The 5.7 motor in this truck is years ahead of the others. It is smooth, quiet and the power is unreal. I am getting 14 mpg, and don;t care because it is so much fun to drive. The truck has the TRD dual exhausts and sounds great when you get on it. The limited slip diff is great for gravel roads and snow. I do not use this as work truck, just weekend warrior stuff and commuting. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a fun and practical vehicle.

A pleasure to ride
By Arnie on 07/06/09 05:30 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The funnest vehicle I've ever had. After 50,000 miles, averaging 18 MPG. I can get about 480 miles on a tank on the freeway. The power is awesome. This truck replaced my Tacoma, which I loved, but this vehicle is everything I imagined and more. Only maintenance has been the routine stuff. This truck is perfect for pulling my trailer of ATV's, or even just loading one in the bed. I figure I'll get about 100,000 miles and trade it in for a newer model, so my next one will probably be in 2011. Way to go TOYOTA!

Best truck ever
By Tundra For life on 09/19/08 11:46 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I've put a lot of miles on this truck so far. I am very impressed. No problems at all. Gas mileage is impressive 22 on highway. I towed my 24' trailer 1200 miles and averaged 17 mpg. Sold a 2006 Dodge Hemi. Never own one again 2 transmissions and i engine overhaul. And many rattles. I will stick with a Toyota. Best truck on the road.

Worst Vehicle I've Ever Owned
By Tim on 05/27/08 14:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I'm 41 years old and have owned trucks from Dodge, Chevy, GMC, Ford, and now Toyota (I have no brand loyalty). Without a doubt, this is by far the worst vehicle I have ever owned!! I've had so many problems, I'm not sure where to begin. I have owned the truck for 5 months, and it has 9100 miles. That may seem like a lot, but I usually drive about 35k miles a year (so it should have about 17k miles, not 9). Why the low miles? Because, it spends all it's time in the shop. Engine, brakes, paint (2 complete paint jobs on a brand new truck...downright criminal), transmission (on its third), ECM, constant engine codes, dash rattle, rusting bumpers, ignition stuck, bad drive shaft.

Worst riding truck I've ever driven
By primo on 04/20/08 14:00 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned or worked out of 14 different trucks in the last 10 years and can safely say that this vehicle has by far the worst ride of them all. The amount of reverberation from the rear of the truck on concrete roads is insane. Hitting a speed bump at 10mph causes shockwaves to travel up to the front of the truck for 5 seconds while the bed bounces up and down like a diving board. This problem is supposedly only confined to the DC models so do yourself, and your pancreas, a favor and get the crew- max. Toyota has been told repeatedly about the ride issues with the DCs and still refuses to aknowledge it. I will be trading in this back killer as soon as I can.

Best Truck I've ever Owned
By hew25889 on 03/26/08 09:10 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

With 32,500 miles I've never been happier with a truck. I've owned Ford, Chevy (2), and Dodge trucks. The only thing that comes close to the Tundra was a Duramax. Driving the Tundra feels like the Duramax, just I can't tow as much. I installed the KN Cool Air Intake, gives it even more hp and sounds cool.

Too many miles
By ken on 03/18/08 09:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The tundra is a blast to drive and always a eye catcher. I have only had one problem and that was the recall on the drive shaft. I get a 17.5 mpg on the average and 13 when I haul the 8900lb trailer. Still beats my dodge I would recommend this truck to anyone.

Happy owner
By Phil Goveia on 01/21/08 10:27 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is truck has every thing I was looking for in a pick-up. Comfort to drive, looks good, and reliable.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.