Used 2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 Consumer Reviews - 39 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Tundra

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

A Great Work Truck
By way2fun_lotus

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

After reading some of these reviews, I have to wonder if there aren't some Toyota haters posting misinformation. I have a 2007 with 47,000 miles on that I have worked the you know what out of, and I have never had a single issue with it. No stuck accelerator, no rust, no tailgate problems, no radio problems, no vibrating bed, etc. The truck has been bullet proof just like you would expect a truck to be. My only issue with it is it's large size. It's a lot to maneuver, and I sometimes wish it was smaller. On the flip side, I can't tell you how many times I've had the bed stacked full of stuff and was grateful for the size of it.

Very comfortable and powerful. Great looking truck built in the USA.

Scrap the worthless Bridgestones it comes from the factory with. Went thru the first set in about 20,000 miles and Firestone gave me a great deal on a second set (warranty adjustment) but they wore out as quick as the first. Expect to get between 14-16 mpg on the 5.7 L double cab. Anyone who tells you they are doing better is a liar or can't do simple math.

CO owned Tundra
By CO owned

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The truck has been flawless as far as repairs. I have 25k miles with the 5.7 and avg 16 mpg. I have it in the shop though being upgraded for pulling. It has the power but the 8000 lbs tongue 29' trailer throws it around. The plan is with helper springs it will stop. Overall I am very happy, just cross wind has been a problem. I am also needing new tires as the factory tires are already bold.

Power!

Heavier springs

Why did i wait?
By foothills

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The 5.7 motor in this truck is years ahead of the others. It is smooth, quiet and the power is unreal. I am getting 14 mpg, and don;t care because it is so much fun to drive. The truck has the TRD dual exhausts and sounds great when you get on it. The limited slip diff is great for gravel roads and snow. I do not use this as work truck, just weekend warrior stuff and commuting. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a fun and practical vehicle.

Engine and drivetrain, see above. Very good ride on our lousy Vermont roads. Build quality seems very good, no rattles, squeaks, etc. Just a fun vehicle to own. Wish I had gotten the crewmax for our three year old. Back seat is cramped on double cab.

If i could get 18 mpg all the time (do get it on the highway) it would be great. No real complaints. Don't believe the naysayers until you have driven a Tundra and judge for yourself.

A pleasure to ride
By Arnie

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The funnest vehicle I've ever had. After 50,000 miles, averaging 18 MPG. I can get about 480 miles on a tank on the freeway. The power is awesome. This truck replaced my Tacoma, which I loved, but this vehicle is everything I imagined and more. Only maintenance has been the routine stuff. This truck is perfect for pulling my trailer of ATV's, or even just loading one in the bed. I figure I'll get about 100,000 miles and trade it in for a newer model, so my next one will probably be in 2011. Way to go TOYOTA!

I love all the room inside, the look of the exterior, the heated mirrors, all the space in the middle console, the lighting inside, multiple light hook-ups for the trailer, and the assisted tailgate is one of my favs. The power of this truck is unreal, and it rides so smooth on the freeway.

I would improve on the factory radio, which I HAD to replace. Geez, just can't think of anything else right now. Awesome truck.

Best truck ever
By Tundra For life

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I've put a lot of miles on this truck so far. I am very impressed. No problems at all. Gas mileage is impressive 22 on highway. I towed my 24' trailer 1200 miles and averaged 17 mpg. Sold a 2006 Dodge Hemi. Never own one again 2 transmissions and i engine overhaul. And many rattles. I will stick with a Toyota. Best truck on the road.

Power and off road ride. Towing is amazing.

speakers stink