2007 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Should have stayed with my Tacoma
By sshifflett on 02/27/11 07:12 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

My Tundra has been nice, interior is very light colored and shows any dirt. I am experiencing some transmission problems with 4wd high and low, multiple service and dash lights on and issues with reverse lights on while driving fwd. Already had more than one trip to the dealership regarding 4wd issues. The stereo issues happen only in the spring when the temp in the cab goes up and down a lot in one day.

Poor Quality
By t1 on 04/24/10 17:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

One was led to believe that toyota was higher quality, but since the start nothing but problems and at 82,000 miles fuel injectors problems on 5.7L engine. Major repair over $ 3,600. Never had a truck with this major repair with less that 100,000 miles. Not built to stand up to heavy duty use.

Aggravated
By John in Houston on 10/29/09 19:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I was a big believer in Toyota quality until my Tundra experience. Auto door locks and remote won't function on the front doors and they tell me it will be $1,250 to fix. Since the key only works on the driver door, this is a big hassle. Why design locks so they are too expensive to fix? The lights on the radio panel haven't worked for most of the time since I've had the truck, so the button lights and channel indicator can't be read while night driving. Transmission replaced once, but then often jerked when putting the car in drive. Dealer tells me they just have this problem and he can't fix it. This is not the reliability and quality I thought I was spending my money on.

Expected so much more
By Chris on 11/27/08 17:01 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have had this truck for a year and a half now and it's falling apart. None of the lights work inside, I can not turn up or down the volume on the radio, the steering has gotten so loose and I could swear the tie rods are broke. I had high hopes for this truck but no go.

6 Months Later.. Still Love It!!
By FordInAToyota on 10/25/08 09:20 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

It's been 6 months since we purchased our '07 in April '08. And we have no regrets. We don't haul anything big like trailers, but we do a lot of activities like paddling, fishing, diving, surfing and wanted something that was nice, reliable and could go anywhere. The truck is thirsty and living on Maui with no freeways probably doesn't help fuel consumption. However we did choose the Bigger V8 for fun and not fuel consumption. Taken the 4x4 TRD off road and I have not had to put it into 4 LOW. Truck is too wide to get into areas that most jeeps can get too. I've put 10,000 miles in 6 months and changed the oil twice. No problems to report of. A good buy. Gets a lot of oohs/ahs.

Bad paint
By william knerr on 06/02/08 11:19 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Bought my new 07 Toyota tundra crewmax in june 07. Three weeks after I bought it small paint chips started comeing off it. Toyota said all they would paint the two passenger side doors. I said I didn't think the paint would ever match. Besides it's only three weeks old. They said take it to your dealership. See what they can do for you. When I did that I noticed pen size chips coming off the driver's side. So now its the whole truck. By now a month has passed the people in California customer service center said your thirty days are up there's nothing more we can do for you. It's yours now.

Wonder if engine will hold up.
By Worried on 04/20/08 09:10 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The 2007 Toyota Tundra is a nice truck, but I have a few complaints: the engine sounds like a diesel until it warms up, the ride is jarring, and it is hard to see when backing up. Toyota seems to use a lot of cheap plastic material; some have started to discolor already. When I ask the dealership for help on issues that seem to be abnormal it all ends up being normal; like the clattering engine, the vibration in the steering wheel and cupping tires, and transmission down shifting.

Love the Tundra - Texas Female
By Love my Tundra on 03/20/08 02:46 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I love this truck. I can have a stressful day at work and when I get in my truck it's all left behind. I wish I lived farther from work so I could drive it more. First vehicle I've owned over 6 months and still love it. I still love walking out to a parking lot and knowing I'm headed towards the best looking truck in the lot. It's just fun to drive. Getting on freeways is fun with the power of this truck. Watch your speed in this truck. It's so smooth I often catch myself speeding.

Excellence
By tony on 01/17/08 19:38 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Toyota blew away the competition with this one! In every aspect they have been innovative and held nothing back. Tows like a dream, accelerates and stops better than any other half ton and handles great on/off road. The crewmax is the way to go for cruising comfort.

Crew Max
By J. Koz on 01/17/08 07:35 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Great truck, owned two GMC trucks prior. This one takes it all. The interior is huge. There is room for everyone. For a 381 HP truck, the gas mileage is good. Compared to the GMC, which is 305 HP you lose about 1 mpg. Well worth it. It can tow a a lot more and has better features all the way around. This truck will take over the market.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.