2007 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Glad we waited for 2007
By Flashy on 09/17/08 15:18 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Our original plan was to get the 2006 because we liked the body size of that Tundra. The reason we decided on the 2007 was the 5.7L engine. We have a 20 foot cabin cruiser and liked the towing capacity of the bigger engine and the fuel economy over the 4.7L. Now that we have had the truck a little while we are getting used to how really big it is! Our dog, who doesn't like traveling at all likes the floor of the back seat with the seats up. We just got a tri-fold bed cover so storing our luggage there will be great. We love the navigation and back-up camera and ability to have bluetooth and MP2 plug. Overall, we love it. Great power and smooth transmission and drives like a car.

2007 Toyota Tundra Limited
By Blue_frogman on 09/08/08 15:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Bought the truck Dec. 16 2007 assembled in Texas. So far have 12000 mi, had no mechanical problems and no strange noises.the truck does bounce some on the freeway when there is nothing in the bed. There is one thing I don't like and it is at the dealers now for, and that is to have the radio replaced. There is static, scratching noise in the AM section of the radio when I hit little bumps on the road or freeway. Otherwise the JBL 440 watt 12 speaker 4 cd radio sounds very cheap.

Not bad
By Sean on 07/04/08 15:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Overall I'm happy. Great power. Haul heavy loads all the time and have had no issues with ride. Ride actually gets better as the bed is weighted. Empty bed on rough roads cause entire truck to resonate... this is common in trucks though. Inside plastic; radio and dash material is cheap (planned to get aftermarket nav as it has better features). Bluetooth is actually no good, no one can hear me clearly. JBL subwoofer under rear seat is poorly placed, should have stuck it behind the seat. Center channel on dash makes noise if covered up with paper. Rear head rests obstruct view. No memory seats, rear ac vents or step lights standard on DC Limited? I couldn't get a moonroof on the DC.

Traded in my Lexus for it!
By Chris on 07/04/08 06:53 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Great handling except for a little bed bounce. Have about 8000 miles with no problems what so ever. Stopped burning rubber at stop lights because of gas economy but MAN the power is awesome. Get plenty of looks and compliments. Put new chrome grille and chromed out all exterior parts "It's a head turner!"

Don't buy a Totota Tundra!!!
By ll liveoak on 12/02/07 13:04 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Do not make the same mistake that I made! My pickup has been in the shop for 3 months of the 10 months that I have owned it. At present Toyota is replacing the airbag sensors and the 6 speed transmission. Also, I now understand that the tailgate will need to be replaced due to design errors. Toyota has never built a full size pickup before and it may be years before they get it right. Don't take the chance like I did or you may fegret it. Also, they do not hold their value because Toyota is now discounting them to get rid of them. Leonard Liveoak

Great Truck
By David Moody on 10/21/07 09:17 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is our 1st full size truck and we could not be happier. It is as much a pleasure to drive as our Avalon.

Give me my 2005 Tundra back!
By hvacrsteve on 09/03/07 19:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Overall the Tundra is Okay, they have fianlly matched the big 3 in terms of lower quality, this is my 4th Tundra and the worst one thus far. I have a steering wheel vibration that I have been to the dealer 5 times now and it is still not repaired. The paint is very frail,I have to say that Ford is light years ahead on Paint quality! I own 40 Trucks so I know! The interior paint on the dash is poor quality as well, have many scratches already! The plastic dash cluster is also very cheaply made! The leather seats are fairly nice. the ride quality is fair except for the constant vibrating of the steering wheel. It makes your hands numb on a longer trip! The sheet metal panels-thin!

Silver Tundra
By Gus on 08/06/07 19:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Late spring and summer driving has been a lot of fun. The heating and AC work better than my previous Silverado. Gas mileage on a 2850 mi. trip was 20.03 mph. This was before 4K miles on the truck. Acceleration is to be experienced for yourself.

Like a Rock- not
By Ranchman on 07/03/07 14:35 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I bought the extended cab, and have been highly dissapointed. I was attracted to the design, and that did not dissapoint. I have been highly dissapointed otherwise. The engine in this truck is noisy especially when towing. It revs real hig with a load, and despite the commercials, I do not feel confident hauling as I did with my Dodge. Fuel economy is averageing about 11 MPG city/highway. Build quality is substandard. Cracked and loose plastic trim. I hate the instrument panel- very poorly designed but the outside makes up for it. Seats are hard and uncomfortable as is the ride- especailly over rutted pavement and is unbearable on dirt roads. I think this will be my last Toyota.

07 Tundra
By jaycac9 on 05/30/07 07:40 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have been a truck guy all my life, I have owned ford,dodge and chevy. The new Tundra is by far the best half ton truck I have ever driven. I have a small horse farm so I do use the truck for its intended purposes and it exceeds my expectations. The power is unreal, payload (up to 2662) and towing (up to 10800) capacities are phenomenal. Fit and finish are almost perfect.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.