2006 Toyota Tundra Consumer Review: Wow, not what I had expected

2006 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Review

Wow, not what I had expected
By Zack on

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Access Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Not sure what I've got myself into. I'm on the verge of chalking this one up as a huge disappointment. The exhaust sounds like it has a leak and is consistently loud at low speeds. The brakes don't act right, stop fine, but front to back seem to engage at different times. Have noticed a slight lean in the rear of the bed. Front end ride was nice and firm at first, but getting sloppy and coarse - worse with loads. What I had expected was a no frills, solidly built, refined truck. I really can't say that's what I got. Now I have the headache of dealing with the dealership to try to address these problems. Bought new w/7miles on OD. 91 oct req'd 4 quiet engine.

The potential of getting 22 mpg on highway (almost had it). Horsepower. It does fit my basic needs.

With the name that Toyota has built, I almost feel guilty about complaining. Just thought I'd share, for what it's worth.