I liked this truck
By Rob on
2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Access Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)
I purchased this Toyota with about 44,000 miles on it and owned it for about a year. I did about 12,000 miles in it and never encountered any reliability issues. It was fairly powerful and quite fun to drive; it felt lighter and the handling felt more responsive than my father's F-150 but I found it harder to park. I eventually got in the habit of parking it in reverse which was much easier than parking forward. I am a careful driver and can usually get better than estimated MPG but I found that I was unable to improve this truck's MPG much with careful driving. The car felt well built and the interior was solid, although I did have some problems with paint peeling from the front bumper.
Favorite Features
Fairly powerful and fun to drive. I never used the truck for towing. The interior was well designed with useful compartments and had plenty of room for other people. Never saw any problems from light off road driving and long highway driving. Always started quickly and never had reliability issues.
Suggested Improvements
Paint began peeling from the front bumper around the time I sold it, but the rest of the paint was fine. I have spent time driving other trucks but I had difficulty parking and doing U-turns in this one as it seemed to have a large turning radius. Better MPG would be nice, but it is a truck.