2006 Toyota Tundra 4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic 6.2 ft. Bed Consumer Review - Old School Tundra

2006 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Review

SR5 Double Cab (4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic 6.2 ft. Bed)

Old School Tundra
By jwolfgong on

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've only had 'Blackie' for one day, but here are my initial impressions. Interior is klugey. Buttons everywhere and old technology like no auto-up, no mist on wipers and A/C not coupled to defrost. You could easily smack into something while looking for controls or the clock which is in a good spot if you happen to be looking for a lost contact lense. Seats are NG. Too flat. So far I can't get the 'beeps' to turn off for the remote locking function. One of the Homelink buttons will not accept a transmitter code for some reason. Tomorrow I go back to the dealer and see why the engine oil is low already. I'll let you know how that goes...

Favorite Features

Back cab window rolls down. Exterior style is clean and functional. Homelink. Rear doors provide excellent access to back whether you are climbing in or loading. Seating space is for real sized people. Surprisingly good view of road/terrain. Overall quality.

Suggested Improvements

Ergonomic control layout. Consistent look and feel to controls. Seats. Dump the JBL gear. Get some nice wheels. Redesign for 2007 and I'll pick one up in 2008-9.