2006 Toyota Tundra Consumer Review: Old School Tundra Update

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab - Consumer Review

Old School Tundra Update
By jwolfgong on

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

OK, maybe my first review was a bit harsh. I have 2700 miles on it now and am averaging 14 MPG without much highway mileage. Highway ride is very sound for a full size truck. Here are options I do have: CC2, CK3, DJ1, AA3, JC2, JZ3, KE3, KG3, LD2, LF3, PG2, CF2, LU3, ES1. I have rated each 1, 2 or 3. 1 equal low value and 3 high value. I would opt for EBD and VSC if I redid this purchase. On a truck with a long wheel base the EBD can really make a difference, IE keep you on the road by correcting your slide before you realize you are in one.

Favorite Features

Rear Window (power). One touch 4WD engagement. This truck really shines (black). I would suggest if you are purchasing that you ask your dealer about their process for removing 'rail dust'. If they don't know what that is, go somewhere else.

Suggested Improvements

Raise HP to ~325. Add modes to auto trans and allow selection of 1-5 speeds. Better SEATS. Design for wench/hardware on front. Reduce chrome, please. A long bed would make this truck more useful for businesses that require tool chests or fuel storage units in the bed.