Love this truck
By truckie124 on
2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)
Bought in 2008 with 18000 miles and have put 30000 on it since then. I used it for 2 years for my carpentry business. Rear sliding window came in handy picking up lumber. My father has a 2004 SR5 and the 2006 rides much more car-like than the 2004. It really feels smooth and is an all around great truck. Used to drive a Chevy but had problems with the transmission at 30K miles and the dealership wouldn't do anything for us (after our family had bought 4 cars from them). Will never go back after driving this truck! I love this thing!
Favorite Features
Pros: Reliable, Smooth ride, powerful enough for what most will use it for (this includes contractors), spacious rear seat (for an access cab), 6 cup holders for people like me who drink a lot of coffee, logical controls, great performance in snow in 4wd, looks awesome.
Suggested Improvements
Cons: tire pressure sensor light problematic and is a nuisance feature, seatbelts don't retract well, poor interior lighting (very hard to see or read anything at night, poor turning radius when parking. Occasional hard shifting between 1st and 2nd gear in upshift and downshift.