2006 Toyota Tundra Consumer Review: Love My truck

2006 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Review

SR5 Double Cab (4.7L V8 5-speed Automatic 6.2 ft. Bed)

Love My truck
By DHoward96 on

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love the truck more and more everyday. I bought it 7/31/06. I was a Chevy man to the core, traded a 00 Silverado ext. cab to get this truck. I have used it to tow everything from my 24 ft. pontoon to my 25 ft. camper. I tested 06 Silverado and Ram crew cabs, they didn't compare to this truck overall. Had a bigger bed than the 06 Silverado and interior is just as comfortable. All the Dodge had going for it was that gas-sucking hemi. Toyota in my opinion had it beat everywhere else. If Toyota ever produces a diesel, I will never drive anything else. That is the only way you will ever get decent fuel mileage towing a camper. Great looking truck too. Large truck fuel economy though.

X-SP 2 package with stock 18 in. rims, looks, power, handling, comfort for 5 185-225 lb. adults.

13-15 mpg city, 17-19 mpg highway, 9 10 mpg towing camper, 5 acres required to do a u-turn. About same as Silverado was though so.... and besides full-size truck and great mpg have never gone in the same sentence.