2006 Toyota Tundra Consumer Review: Liking it so far!

2006 Toyota Tundra Access Cab - Consumer Review

Liking it so far!
By Pete on

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought a 2006 Tundra 4x4 TRD and I'm liking it so far. Since I've only had it for a short time I cannot speak long term about it... but so far everything is pretty sweet. I know one of the biggest items talked about is poor fuel mileage. A few items that have been brought to my attention is putting a K&N filter and a better exhaust will give you a few extra miles per gal. I'm going to do it soon...so I'll let you know. I had a 2000 Ford F250 4x4 V-10...now that was a thirsty truck, that's why I don't have it anymore, but I loved it. My Toyota so far gets between 17 to 19, but she is still getting broke in. Other than that I really like the truck... she rides real nice.

I love the way it looks and drives. I have plans get dual exhaust (flowmaster) and a bush guard. I really like everything the TRD package comes with. I really don't mind it being the smallest full size truck out there. It doesn't feel that small out there on the road.

Why doesn't it have a transmission fluid dipstick haha??? I don't understand that at all... but I trust Toyota. Also the keyless entry beeps drive me up the wall. You should be able to turn off the beeps!

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review