Liking it so far!
By Pete on
2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)
I bought a 2006 Tundra 4x4 TRD and I'm liking it so far. Since I've only had it for a short time I cannot speak long term about it... but so far everything is pretty sweet. I know one of the biggest items talked about is poor fuel mileage. A few items that have been brought to my attention is putting a K&N filter and a better exhaust will give you a few extra miles per gal. I'm going to do it soon...so I'll let you know. I had a 2000 Ford F250 4x4 V-10...now that was a thirsty truck, that's why I don't have it anymore, but I loved it. My Toyota so far gets between 17 to 19, but she is still getting broke in. Other than that I really like the truck... she rides real nice.
Favorite Features
I love the way it looks and drives. I have plans get dual exhaust (flowmaster) and a bush guard. I really like everything the TRD package comes with. I really don't mind it being the smallest full size truck out there. It doesn't feel that small out there on the road.
Suggested Improvements
Why doesn't it have a transmission fluid dipstick haha??? I don't understand that at all... but I trust Toyota. Also the keyless entry beeps drive me up the wall. You should be able to turn off the beeps!