2006 Toyota Tundra 4.7L V8 5-speed Automatic 6.2 ft. Bed Consumer Review - Great Everyday Truck

2006 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Review

SR5 Double Cab (4.7L V8 5-speed Automatic 6.2 ft. Bed)

Great Everyday Truck
By Jill on

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Unless you are doing some serious hauling and towing on a daily basis, there is no reason not to own this truck. Initially there was nothing special about the interior, but it has grown on me and now I really like it. Very smooth ride and engine, with great acceleration. Gas mileage has been good, especially for a truck. It's a comfortable easy to drive truck with Toyota reliability. The power rear window is a nice touch, and the 8 cup holders (4dr.) are great for families or just those of us who seem to collect beverages in out vehicles. Superior visibility, and excellent handling make the Tundra a perfect truck for everyday life, and Toyota's reliability.

Favorite Features

Smooth engine, great ride, easy and fun to drive, and good looking inside and out.

Suggested Improvements

A way to turn off the running lights. Maybe I just missed it but I can't figure out how to turn them off. Seems like a strange thing to forget on an otherwise fantastic truck.