Good Solid Truck
By Maldivan on
2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Access Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
For the last 10+ years I've owned nothing but Chevy Ext Cabs. This truck stacks up well against it. The V6 is amazingly nimble and if towing isn't a consideration then the V6 is an obvious choice.The Chevy's ride smoother but not by much. The Toyota is the quietest truck I've ever driven, I'm sure the undercoating has a lot to do with it. I decided to go with the Toyota for the simple reasons of reliability and resale values, not to mention it's a very nice looking truck. I'm very pleased with the truck so far and am still amazed at the Power the V6 has.It will be hard to give this truck up. I think Chevrolet has lost a customer.
Favorite Features
V6 power , very comfortable, quiet, decent gas mileage, sleek exterior, gets in and out of areas where larger trucks can't. Gotta love that exhaust rumble - it sounds like you've got dual exhausts. Awesome resale values and of course ...Toyota reliability and service.
Suggested Improvements
The clock placement is truely annoying! The radio should have steering wheel controls as standard equipment. Other than that its perfect :)