First V8 Truck
By Hayden on
2006 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)
I really missed not having a truck for the past 5 years. With the $4 a gallon gas I found some amazing deals out there on barely used trucks. I usually commute on a 52mpg motorcycle so fuel mileage is irrelevant to me. Having said that I average 19.1 gallons in the tundra with a easy driving style. It will get over 20mpg on road trips @70-75 mph. I wanted a double cab with at least a 6' bed which ruled out a lot of trucks. I drove a dodge and ford but they seemed to lack refinement and power. Overall I am very happy with the truck its the limited so its loaded with very nice JBL 6 disc changer, plenty of interior room, excellent ride smooth and quiet.
Favorite Features
Power and torque is great for towing my 21' boat. Great for loading the bed and camping trips. Handles 6' lumber loads easily with tailgate up. Comfortable seats and excellent control placement. Quick warm up time in the winter. Power rear window. Factory tow package incl transmission cooler stock.
Suggested Improvements
Alarm shock sensors over sensitive. Paint seems to chip easily around the front grill and headlights. I paid $16,000 (with a 7yr/100,000 mile warranty) for a 2 y/o truck with 28,000 miles on it. This truck was $32,000 new that is why I don't buy new trucks